Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nursing 16 MO...milk supply question

Default Re: nursing 16 MO...milk supply question

yup! he got all his teeth really early. And he eats like a champ - i mean, i think he might eat more than me for dinner sometimes. he just eats fruits and veggies and beans for the rest of the day and maybe some cheese/ toast with pb but he always has a snack going. Then normal dinner with us.

I'm certainly not worried about calories - it just seems that he's wanting more now and i'm kind of wondering it's some sort of delayed separation anxiety or something. Dan brought him in for a visit to work this morning on their way to the library and he asked to nurse then, which he rarely does at work.

I was more worried about it last night when by 730, his usual big nurse of the day, I was pretty much empty and he was still wanting more. But he did just nurse and nurse and nurse --- so yeah, supply and demand. I'll relax
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

It sounds like it could be the second round of separation anxiety and this is how it's manifesting. Has his vocabulary started to expand as well? Lilah had a verbal explosion around that age and was waking a ton and nursing even more than normal.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jbean1979 View Post
    so yeah, supply and demand. I'll relax
    That's what I was gonna say, but it looks like you've worked it out. I wouldn't take anything at this point. You stopped pumping a while back right?
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    It sounds like it could be the second round of separation anxiety and this is how it's manifesting. Has his vocabulary started to expand as well? Lilah had a verbal explosion around that age and was waking a ton and nursing even more than normal.
    he is imitating EVERYTHING we say now - not always making sense, btu trying. Definite language explosion going on without question. a lot of it is nonsense, but you can tell he'll just try to say what we say.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    That's what I was gonna say, but it looks like you've worked it out. I wouldn't take anything at this point. You stopped pumping a while back right?
    Yeah, I stopped about two months ago. I don't know why I got so worked up! It just broke my heart a little that he was squeezing and signing for milk when it was all gone!!
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it