Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BF & Always Hungry!!!

Default Re: BF & Always Hungry!!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*turtle23 View Post
    Oh, I remember some middle-of-the-night feedings when I was waiting for DS to finish so I could go make that PB&J I was fantasizing about! And a big glass of milk too-yum! Sooooo hungry, all the time!
    me too!
    With my first I dropped weight fast and then stopped at 10 lbs over pre preg. This time I'm under pre pregnancy but need to keep it there!

check this out
    http://www.amazon.com/Well-Lose-Weig.../dp/0679733558
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Wink Re: BF & Always Hungry!!!

When I came out of the hospital I had lost all of the PP weight, and my leftover belly went back to its place in a week! amazing, yeah but then I started getting hungrier and hungrier and started to gain weight, this was (I thin) cause we moed to a new place and my vitamins were out of reach, so I stoped taking them, once I started taking my prenatal vitamins again I stopped being so hungry and stopped gaining weight, now if i get too hungry in spite of the vitamins I take Ensure for a while and I know it says in the can that you use it to either mantain or gain weight but I relized that hunger was an effort from my body to try and get more nutrients, at least thats what worked for me... so, eat healthy, have your vitamins and if possible some ensure or something of the sort ^^

That's another thing...I do forget my vits from time to time...that could be the reason...I got those boost energy drinks but they don't do me any justice We shall see! I haven't been doing too bad the last few days, but today I just HAD to have my chocolate!
    *Baby Eva*3-18-2011-8lbs14oz*21.5in*

What works for me is taking my prenatal vitamins and keeping a healthy diet to get all of the nutreints my body needs, I noticed that I get hungrier when I forget to take the vitamis and try to "fill up" with food, when Im specially hungru some ensure helps too

yeah i just said the same thing again but thats cause it makes a world of difference, at least to me and.. what kind of energy drinks? like red bull? lol

I know how you feel. I have also been craving lots of milk. I drink about a half gallon a day. Not so heavy on the sweets, but I often find myself baking up a few chocolate chip cookies(gotta love tubs of dough) in the evening as an excuse for a glass of milk. Thankfully I have kept up a healthy diet otherwise. Lots of salads and lean meats, never been a huge fan of carbs. I am 12 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight at 3 1/2 weeks.
    J- Mommy to MJ 5/9/09 for 2 mo until 9mos
    DD 4/23/11 with lots more support and success
    Wife to Dev 4/20/11

Thanks for all of your responses! I think my problem was that I was over working my utters LOL !! I'm exclusively breastfeeding and I was pumping 2-3x/day also!? They LC at the hsp told me to pump to build my supply...however, I did not stop pumping until 2 mo when I found out there is really no need too...I was accumulating extra milk for nothing! Well, I shouldn't say that, I will donate it if I don't use it...trust me, I got a good stash But yes, my EXTREME cravings have decreased! I think I will always LOVE my sweets, but it's definitely not as bad as before~*whew*~
    *Baby Eva*3-18-2011-8lbs14oz*21.5in*