Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Hard time hormonally?

Default Hard time hormonally?

Hi Friends,
    I currently co-sleep with and breastfeed my 2.5 yo (still lots of night feeding). I've been having a difficult time with symptoms that I assume are associated with hormones. I haven't gotten my period back, but I wonder if it is starting to return?

Did anyone else have very strong and unpleasant symptoms over the course of weeks or months, while their body adjusted to menstruating/ovulating again?

My symptoms include nausea, fatigue, gastrointestinal distress, aching and pain in the abdomen/middle area, sensitivity to smells, general super yucky feeling. Reminiscent of being pregnant, actually (but I'm not). It's not all the time; I've started to keep track of it.

Any ideas for how to alleviate symptoms? I'd go on the mini-pill, but we'd like to have another child, so that's not really an option.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!

Default Re: Hard time hormonally?

Not sure, I don't remember it being that different than previous periods, definitely not the nausea when I got my period back, but I suppose anything is possible. I would recommend not going on any hormones especially if you want to get pregnant.

I've read that limiting caffeine and sugar and salty foods can help PMS symptoms, maybe that would help you somewhat?

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Thanks Krystine! I'm going to make an appointment w/ my OBGyn.

Sounds like a good idea! I just saw mine and it was very reassuring.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.