Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nipple pain ... what now?

Default Re: Nipple pain ... what now?

IME blebs hurt like the dickens. Worse than biting.
    Hi, I'm Faith, a Wife, Mom, Stepmom and SAHM
    I married my best friend Rodney on October 17, 2009
    DS1 Andy Born May 11, 2002
    DS2 Ethan Born May 18, 2009 Nursed 2 years 7 months & 2 days
    DSS1 Benjamin Born September 24, 1989

Just reporting back: I don't think it's a bleb, but I think it's teething. Sure enough, Joe's molars are starting to push through, and he is not a happy camper. I put lanolin on my nipples for a few days, and they are better, but he is definitely ... gnawing a little bit, yk? Ugh. You hear about these babies who don't even notice when their teeth are popping through? Not my baby!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

hope you both feel better soon!
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Okay, my right nipple STILL really hurts! My left is fine now. I totally don't get it! We're now going on a month with this. I had AF last month as usual, so I really don't think I missed a pregnancy! But I'll test if I'm late this month, I guess.

Recently Joe has actually been asking for cow's milk INSTEAD of nursing. Kind of makes me sad, and it also makes it seem more possible that he might actually wean one day?! Because otherwise, he's always been one of those kids where you're like, he might wean by ten, but it's unclear at this point, you know?

He only knows one sign for milk and he doesn't say it at all, but he'll come to me with the sign, and when I offer to nurse him, he says "No!" and runs to the kitchen to point at the milk in the fridge. Sigh. Sniffle.

Of course, he's still happy to nurse all night.
    Last edited by @llli*joe.s.mom; May 23rd, 2011 at 10:05 AM.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

aww...
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Sorry JoMo.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Man, this is just not getting better. Could it be because Joe has backed off nursing, and now my supply is lower? I feel like this is the beginning of my weaning story, not that I plan to wean Joe anytime soon ... but now nursing is no longer pleasant for me, it's downright uncomfortable. I don't understand it, but it is changing the way I feel about nursing. Now if Joe wants cow's milk instead of my milk, I'm totally okay with that. Not that he'd wean that easily, but seriously, this is getting me down!

I know there's not much to say. Just venting. I don't understand why nursing is so uncomfortable now!

The molars are still making the way through, so there's some hope that when that's done, this will improve. In my mind, I had planned to nurse Joe until he turns three, or thereabouts, when we might TTC #2.

You can call me JoMo!

Sorry mama.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

I'm so glad to find this thread - My boy is about to turn 2 (3 weeks! Yikes!) and BOTH my nipples have been sore for about 2 weeks. The "baby shark" analogy totally fits, and he has all his teeth except for those 2-year molars. Perhaps I should check to see if those are sprouting... Anyway, I feel encouraged to know someone else has had this experience.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kce View Post
    I'm so glad to find this thread - My boy is about to turn 2 (3 weeks! Yikes!) and BOTH my nipples have been sore for about 2 weeks. The "baby shark" analogy totally fits, and he has all his teeth except for those 2-year molars. Perhaps I should check to see if those are sprouting... Anyway, I feel encouraged to know someone else has had this experience.
    Huh! Good to know I'm not alone, too! Maybe it is the 2-year-old molars, then ... I hope so, because the idea of nursing Joe for a full year more with this discomfort is not making me happy. Normally I can latch Joe on at night and fall back asleep immediately, but right now, the sensation is so irritating and annoying, I can't. Maybe I'll try more motrin tonight ...

You can call me JoMo!