Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Our road to weaning

Default Our road to weaning

...has begun. My little guy is just about 28 months now and he has gone to bed the last 2 nights without any "baba's". I have been wanting him to wean recently but of course now that it is taking it's course I am having mixed emotions. So weird to be happy and sad at the same time!
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

Default Re: Our road to weaning

so how often is he nursing? Did you do don't ask don't refuse?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

The last month or so he is nursing between 3-4 x's a day (morning, nap, when I get home from work and bed). I stopped offering a few months ago but always nursed upon his request. More recently I have been refusing/ distracting him at certain times (i.e middle of the night,(when he was bored, if he had just nursed 5 minutes before, etc) so I guess you can say I've been giving him a little push. The last two nights we just got in his bed and read a book. By the time it was over he was sound asleep, which is so unusual for him. He always nurses his longest at night. And he has been STTN too!

Wow, well I hope it continues....gradually! Max was almost there until Sam was born so now I just live vicariously through your weaning story!

Seriously though I hope you are proud of the bond you have with him and the length you've been a nursing team.
    Last edited by @llli*jenna562; May 9th, 2011 at 10:02 PM.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10

Watch Your Language

Max will get there too! And then you'll be a happy/sad emotional mess like me, lol!

Seriously though, you are amazing. The thought of tandem was too overwhelming for me. You are superwoman!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*seb.s.mommy View Post
    Max will get there too! And then you'll be a happy/sad emotional mess like me, lol!

Seriously though, you are amazing. The thought of tandem was too overwhelming for me. You are superwoman!
    I live in a state of overwhelmed 24-7 . Have you considered writing him a letter to remember the feelings?
    My Boy 3-16-10

Watch Your Language

IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

We are going through something similiar, I think Mady is almost only nursing to bed, at some point in the early morning and once or twice during the day on the weekend, if at all...she is only 19 months. I didn't think this would happen so quickly with us. She is very attached and when she wants it there is no refusing, but she just doesn't want it that much anymore

It's such a hard emotion to describe, as if you are not holding onto it but there's a part of you that feels like it's lost...
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."