Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I didn't realize it was that bad last time...

Default I didn't realize it was that bad last time...

I breastfed my son from birth until he was almost 2yrs old, he self weaned when i was 4mo. pregnant w/ this baby. at around 9mo-1yr i got tired of it, to be honest, but i kept up bc i knew it was good for him. he never had formula, never even took a bottle or pacifier (per my choice), and didnt start solids until 6mo. old. this time however things are a little different....i have been doing a lot of reading, about sex and breastfeeding, breastfeeding and birth control, breastfeeding and nutrition, etc etc etc. lots of reading. the fact of the matter is that if i formula fed, i wouldn't even have any idea HOW and i have no idea what happens to your breasts PP if you dont bf. so its not like im considering that bc i pretty much dont know how to formula feed lol, and bc i know breast milk is far superior even though i wish it wasnt at this time =/

there are just so many issues that i've had with this pregnancy-i was diagnosed w/ hsv(herpes), i have had extreme vomiting issues in the 2nd trimester, i've had a yeast infection, bv, and been on antibiotics twice for various things. its kinda sucked plain and simple. and i am horrified that breastfeeding and all of that will suck too now.

as far as nutrition and breastfeeding i am sort of overwhelmed about that. i dont eat well now, i eat usually breakfast and dinner and snack all day, skipping lunch, i am planning a home birth which is going to cost a total of around $2300 , even though we are basically dirt poor. i just feel like what if i cant eat the stuff i need, as in, enough, b/c we dont have it. and then there is the issue of being touched out! that was my biggest issue w/ my first child. he is only 2yrs2mo. old, so he is still over obsessed and clingy as is, then add a newborn and i think i will feel like exploding. sex has sucked for my 2nd half of pregnancy and i am just ready for it to be normal which, according to all the things im reading, it wont be, and then there is birth ctrl. i feel like i NEED some form other than condoms or FAM but they all supress sex drive. wtf. i realize this is really long and drawn out but it is just kinda horrible to feel like for another at least 6months if not one full year or longer, i will belong to another person and not be JUST ONE PERSON again yet.

anyone else felt this way, what did you do about it? do you think any of this makes me more inclinded to get ppd? thx!(sorry if this is the wrong forum to post i didnt know which one to post this in)

Default Re: I didn't realize it was that bad last time...

You sound stressed, mama, I know it's easier said than done, but try to relax. Take things one day or one issue at a time. This baby isn't born yet, so don't worry about birth control yet. The time to worry about that will come. If you look at ANYTHING from the perspective of having to do it for another two years it will be overwhelming. So think about it day by day. Or event by event. Or whatever way helps you to break it down into manageable pieces.

Having a rough pregnancy doesn't necessarily mean a rough time nursing. I think most mothers here would agree that it was much easier the second time around.

Eat as well as you can, your baby is going to be fine but if your nutrition isn't great it will be you that suffers. Take a prenatal vitamin to supplement and just eat the best you can. If you can't eat a lot try to make what you do eat good stuff.

Take a deep breath. Everything is going to be OK.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous