Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: leaving 18mo for 10 days- wean? Getting touched out.

Default Re: leaving 18mo for 10 days- wean? Getting touched out.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zoesmama View Post
    I just wanted to let you all know I never ended up night weaning. I had DH read the info the night before and he asked me if I was sure I wanted to do this and the answer was no. I just wasn't ready. I'm tired but I love the closeness at nighttime. I guess I will bring the pump on the trip and hope I don't get mastitis LOL. The pump doesn't work so well on me anymore. Thanks for your support.
    I don't know when you are leaving but just fyi my pump didn't work so great after a while either and I replaced the white valve things and it worked really well again.
    Proud mama to Ryan born 6-19-10

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
    - Anais Nin

I just wanted to let you all know I never ended up night weaning. I had DH read the info the night before and he asked me if I was sure I wanted to do this and the answer was no. I just wasn't ready. I'm tired but I love the closeness at nighttime. I guess I will bring the pump on the trip and hope I don't get mastitis LOL. The pump doesn't work so well on me anymore. Thanks for your support.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

I just wanted to let you all know I never ended up night weaning. I had DH read the info the night before and he asked me if I was sure I wanted to do this and the answer was no. I just wasn't ready. I'm tired but I love the closeness at nighttime.
    That's great! It's nice to have a clearer idea of what's truly right for you...

Hope you have a FABULOUS honeymoon! Enjoy yourself!

UPDATE:

So they honeymoon was great! Thanks! As far as pumping goes, I wasn't really able to extract more than a half ounce from each boob at a time, it was painful at first, then my supply levelled out. I actually figured out how to hand express in the shower and got great results from that. It was enough to keep my supply going.

When I returned home I decided this was a good opportunity to night wean, since she already went without night nursing for 10 days. It went great for about 2 weeks, minimal crying, she even slept through the entire night a few times! That has never happened!!!! I still nurse on demand during the day, imposing some light limits. But the past 2 nights she has been regressing and had woken and thrown fits when I don't let her nurse! It's worse than it was when I first came home! Is that normal for her to regress?

Part of the reason I decided to night wean is that my nipples have become so sore and were cracked and cut before I left. It is painful to nurse, even in the day, and I certainly can't sleep through her nursing at night. I still want to keep it going during the day, I grin and bear it, but I absolutely cannot go back to nursing at night because it is so painful and I was so exhausted from being up so much. Anyway, that week or so of sleep did wonders for me and I really want it to work!
    exclusively ,We and and eager to learn more!