Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: leaving 18mo for 10 days- wean? Getting touched out.

Default Re: leaving 18mo for 10 days- wean? Getting touched out.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zoesmama View Post
    I just wanted to let you all know I never ended up night weaning. I had DH read the info the night before and he asked me if I was sure I wanted to do this and the answer was no. I just wasn't ready. I'm tired but I love the closeness at nighttime. I guess I will bring the pump on the trip and hope I don't get mastitis LOL. The pump doesn't work so well on me anymore. Thanks for your support.
    I don't know when you are leaving but just fyi my pump didn't work so great after a while either and I replaced the white valve things and it worked really well again.
    Proud mama to Ryan born 6-19-10

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
    - Anais Nin

I just wanted to let you all know I never ended up night weaning. I had DH read the info the night before and he asked me if I was sure I wanted to do this and the answer was no. I just wasn't ready. I'm tired but I love the closeness at nighttime. I guess I will bring the pump on the trip and hope I don't get mastitis LOL. The pump doesn't work so well on me anymore. Thanks for your support.
    Mom to 3 awesome kiddos...
    C - 9yrs

O - 7yrs
    A - 1yr old in Nov '15

I just wanted to let you all know I never ended up night weaning. I had DH read the info the night before and he asked me if I was sure I wanted to do this and the answer was no. I just wasn't ready. I'm tired but I love the closeness at nighttime.
    That's great! It's nice to have a clearer idea of what's truly right for you...

Hope you have a FABULOUS honeymoon! Enjoy yourself!

UPDATE:

So they honeymoon was great! Thanks! As far as pumping goes, I wasn't really able to extract more than a half ounce from each boob at a time, it was painful at first, then my supply levelled out. I actually figured out how to hand express in the shower and got great results from that. It was enough to keep my supply going.

When I returned home I decided this was a good opportunity to night wean, since she already went without night nursing for 10 days. It went great for about 2 weeks, minimal crying, she even slept through the entire night a few times! That has never happened!!!! I still nurse on demand during the day, imposing some light limits. But the past 2 nights she has been regressing and had woken and thrown fits when I don't let her nurse! It's worse than it was when I first came home! Is that normal for her to regress?

Part of the reason I decided to night wean is that my nipples have become so sore and were cracked and cut before I left. It is painful to nurse, even in the day, and I certainly can't sleep through her nursing at night. I still want to keep it going during the day, I grin and bear it, but I absolutely cannot go back to nursing at night because it is so painful and I was so exhausted from being up so much. Anyway, that week or so of sleep did wonders for me and I really want it to work!
    exclusively ,We and and eager to learn more!