Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Anyone pumping after 17 mths?

Default Anyone pumping after 17 mths?

I posted this in pumping but did not get much response, hope it is ok to also post here.....

DD2 is now 17 mths and is a terrible nurser and eater, she is also FTT and has not gained in over 8 mths. I pump 4 times a day in addition to nursing her 3 times per day and now I am just not getting enough milk. I had been getting about 15-18 oz but the last two months when my period is coming, it drops to maybe 10 oz for almost 10 days. Is there anything I can do? I feel like it is crazy to pump for a baby this old and also if it is just normal to get less and less as the baby gets older. I already drink fenugreek tea, that seemed to help more than the pills for me. I just don't know what to do.

So how much can others pump at this age? Any alternatives to cow or soy milk, she hates both but needs high calorie/high fat milk as she is FTT.

Thanks!

Aileen
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.

Default Re: Anyone pumping after 17 mths?

I still pump!!!! While i'm at work or away that is... and I get teased for it but who cares. I want my son to have that milk!
    He is almost 20 mnths : )

Oh and I haven't had a period yet but I have a Mirena. But I do get less than I used to. I just don't worry about it and give him what I DO pump out, ya know? And I am using a hospital grade Medela because well, I work in ahospital and I CAN lol
    Last edited by @llli*wreckgoddess; May 7th, 2011 at 03:05 PM.
    Kristin

Momma to Benjamin, we recently made it nursing to age 2!!!!

Benjamin born 9-17-09