Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pump suggestions?

Default Pump suggestions?

OK I know all pumps are different and work differently for all women, but which pumps seem to be the most reliable? I've gone through 2 already. An Evenflo & a NUK. The NUK didn't last a good week So I've got to get another one tomorrow because this expressing by hand is giving me carpal tunnel.

I need something that is relatively inexpensive, and will get me through 2 or 3 pumpings a day (while I'm at work)
    I'm Rebecca; the local fish out of water in small town Alabama
    DS Duglen born Jan 2011 & breastfed for 16 months - never tasted formula
    DD Debra born Dec 2012; my NATURAL girl & boob lover

Default Re: Pump suggestions?

Medela Pump in style

I can't believe you killed a pump in a week! Medala would send you a new one for sure! Their customer service is crazy good. They've been amazing. I have a freestyle that has a lot of mileage on it, but it works like it's brand new.

Did you call those companies of the dead pumps? They should give you a new one. I can't imagine their warranty wouldn't cover that short amount of time. I've heard of medelas lasting through several kids!

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

I also have a PISA however check out the Lansinoh Affinity if you want a great rated pump with a better price point.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Alot of people (and breastfeeding stores) will say not to, but you could probably get away with a used one, especially if it is from a friend you know well and feel comfortable with.

They say milk could get in the motor, but milk would have had to go all the way down the tubing first. Highly unlikely IMO.

Up to your comfort level of course.

Second Medela. Esp since the spare parts are available at any Target (I'm sure there are some for Lansinoh, but they have almost everything for Medela).

FYI you would only be borrowing the motor from the friend and buy new spare parts.

Also check bestbuybaby.com- you have to ask for their prices but for Medela they are significantly lower than Target or Babies R Us. Got my Freestyle for $280. Good service too. I also have a PIS which is a good work pump and a little cheaper, but heavier. I pump 3x a day at work 5 days a week.

Well the first one was labeled for occasional use (I used it 3 times a day) I had heard all about how breastfeeding DIDNT work for so and so, so I was half covinced it wouldn't work for us either...which is why we didn't initially invest in a higher quality pump.

I'm off to Target to invest in a Medela. Thanks ladies!
    I'm Rebecca; the local fish out of water in small town Alabama
    DS Duglen born Jan 2011 & breastfed for 16 months - never tasted formula
    DD Debra born Dec 2012; my NATURAL girl & boob lover

Unless you need it like ASAP, I would check out the bestbuybaby website that PP suggested. I got my PISA from them for $210, which is waaaay below retail.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos