Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: leaving 22 mo old overnight

Default leaving 22 mo old overnight

I am leaving my daughter right after she turns 22 mos. I will be gone Friday morning until Saturday evening. She eats a variety of solids and drinks water in a cup but she also nurses about 12 times a day. I have no milk in the freezer to offer her but I could pump since this is still 2 weeks away.

My husband says, no, don't pump, I pumped so much the first year, she can be a big girl. But it doesn't seem like a bad idea to have a few oz to offer her.

What do you all think?
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Default Re: leaving 22 mo old overnight

I'd pump for a few feedings it would be nice to have the option especially at night.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna562 View Post
    I'd pump for a few feedings it would be nice to have the option especially at night.
    That is what I was thinking. So should I just pump in the morning after she nurses and get what I can for the next 2 weeks?

I think do what ever makes you feel better. Will she drink the pumped milk?
    My DD has never taken my pumped milk so now even though she nurses like crazy still, when i'm at work my SO offers her homo milk and water. Sometimes she doesn't touch the milk and other times she'll have two of her mini water bottles. She is also strange when it comes to solids. Some days she is a really good eater and doesn't nurse very much and other days she eats very little and is attached to me as much as possible.
    I don't think it will hinder her at all. SHe may just increase her solids and drink more water while your gone and then attack you when you get home. It would be nice for him to have the option though.
    I'm Melanie and back to being a SAHM again... which is lovely!
    Mom to DD1 Peyton born June 22, 2009 @ 4:40pm (39 weeks & 6 Days) 7 lbs & 6 Oz... Successfully BF for 25 months!
    Mom to DD2 Sadie born March 3, 2012 @ 1:44am (39 weeks & 1 day) 6 lbs & 9 Oz

She will drink pumped milk. She had thawed milk until about a month ago. If nothing else she would drink it after I got home if I gave it to her in a cup.

Yeah, build it up little by little. Does she sleep for a few hours reliably at night? If so you could pump a hour or two after she goes down too.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

We go to bed at the same time. I got up early this morning so I'm pumping now and scaring our poor rabbit half to death.