Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 10 1/2 month old wakes constantly at night

Default 10 1/2 month old wakes constantly at night

When Sebas was born he would sleep 6 hours in a row, it just so happened to be during noon or at a very awkward spot of the day, he soon switched to doing those 6 hours at night, then wake up a coupleof times to feed and nurse back to sleep, somewhere around 5 or 7 months he didnt seem to be able to sleep more than 3 hours at a stretch and now he wakes up every and I mean EVERY ingle time I get up too pee (which is often) he can feel when I take pull my arm from under his head and hes half asleep but his little hands will make a quick grab for me and start looking for nipple again, so while Im away at the potty he cries and cries, then I come back and nurse him to sleep again, problem is he is not always willing to go back to sleep, his dad approach to this is to take him to the living room and sit him on the carpet until he gets sleepy again, I feel that just wakes him up more and sends him the message that its ok to wake up at night or worse, making it a permanent on his schedule.

Default Re: 10 1/2 month old wakes constantly at night

Do you think he could be teething? Nights were really rough when my DD was teething. Have you tried Tylenol or Motrin or other teething releif methods?
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

well hes got his two bottom teeth and he iit wasnt a big deal for him

I agree that it could be teething. I've found that when certain teeth are cutting through, they hurt/bother more than others. Besides that, has your LO been pulling on his ears, fever, stuffy nose?
    SAHM to all my boys

Wyatt 2/23/99
    Isaiah 7/11/00
    Hunter 2/9/10- made it through our dairy allergy!
    and loving from afar, my DSS Kaleb 3/30/97

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*christinao View Post
    I agree that it could be teething. I've found that when certain teeth are cutting through, they hurt/bother more than others. Besides that, has your LO been pulling on his ears, fever, stuffy nose?
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*christinao View Post
    he always pull his ears when hes sleepy, does that count? no fever, no tuffy nose or stomach problems, but then again he usually doesnt get sick, i got chicken pox a few months ago and he didnt catch it... but I digress, he just wakes up more and more during the night, sometimes even wants to stay awake

we had minimal problems with the two bottom teeth, but when the two top teeth came in... she was constantly waking up all night and in misery for a whole week. very cranky. so much worse than the bottom two. when they came out i saw why, they are huge! double the size of the bottoms, and there are two! just sayin..it might be them? hang in there, it should get better...
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*milkylucy View Post
    he always pull his ears when hes sleepy, does that count? no fever, no tuffy nose or stomach problems, but then again he usually doesnt get sick, i got chicken pox a few months ago and he didnt catch it... but I digress, he just wakes up more and more during the night, sometimes even wants to stay awake

That doesn't sound like an ear infection then. Just something he does when sleepy. I would try Tylenol before bed and see if it helps at all. If he seems to sleep better, then I'd say it's teething. This is what we did last night. H woke up five times the night before last. So, last night we gave him some Tylenol and he slept through the night again. I'm not saying it's a fix all, but if the little guys gums are hurting, it can definitely help.
    SAHM to all my boys

Wyatt 2/23/99
    Isaiah 7/11/00
    Hunter 2/9/10- made it through our dairy allergy!
    and loving from afar, my DSS Kaleb 3/30/97