Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nipple pain?

Default Nipple pain?

My DD is 23 months in about a week and the last couple days every time she latches it is so painful! After she is on for a min or so it goes away and she likes to switch between breasts, but every time she latches it is very painful. I can't see any thing wrong with them and it just started happening. My breasts them selves aren't sore/tender just the nipple and only when Latching.

We are TTC and I POAS and it was Negative so wondering what else it could be?
    Last edited by @llli*manddbp; May 14th, 2011 at 03:00 PM.
    I'm Melanie and back to being a SAHM again... which is lovely!
    Mom to DD1 Peyton born June 22, 2009 @ 4:40pm (39 weeks & 6 Days) 7 lbs & 6 Oz... Successfully BF for 25 months!
    Mom to DD2 Sadie born March 3, 2012 @ 1:44am (39 weeks & 1 day) 6 lbs & 9 Oz

Default Re: Nipple pain?

Does she have her two year molars yet?

When is AF due?
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Default Re: Nipple pain?

She takes a long time to get her teeth, She is just getting her Eye teeth this past week. Still waiting on the second set of molars. This cycle is turning into a long one ( day 36) but I ovulated late( about 10 days ago) so I'm expecting it within the next week. Has any other momma's nursing Toddler's randomly experienced this? No signs of thrush/damage and no difference in latch
    I'm Melanie and back to being a SAHM again... which is lovely!
    Mom to DD1 Peyton born June 22, 2009 @ 4:40pm (39 weeks & 6 Days) 7 lbs & 6 Oz... Successfully BF for 25 months!
    Mom to DD2 Sadie born March 3, 2012 @ 1:44am (39 weeks & 1 day) 6 lbs & 9 Oz