Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weaning Books for Kids

Default Re: Weaning Books for Kids

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krystine View Post
    That is cute!

I have What Baby Needs by Dr Sears and Martha Sears. It's not about weaning but about all the things that baby needs. We aren't expecting yet I buy books like this because surely we'll be pregnant soon!! Yeah, I plan ahead too much. Not weaning related but I do really like the book and will definitely read it to my daughter when we do have a baby on the way :-)
    I saw that one on the back cover of "Baby on The Way" I was thinking of getting it. Does it talk about how babies need milk all.the.time, how they need special attention, etc?

The baby on the way book is more about mommy being pregnant and the changes that you make around the house. There is a page that talks about BF so we talk about that one.

I do have to say you are an excellent planner. I can't even plan for tomorrow!
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Katie - that "What Baby Needs" does talk about how the baby needs to nurse all the time, be held by mommy and daddy, sleep with mommy, etc. It should also be perfect for your DDs age - I found it to be too wordy for Lilah 6 months ago and would just make up my own words to it. It also shows pictures of mommy nursing the baby with big sister/brother around doing other things.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    Katie - that "What Baby Needs" does talk about how the baby needs to nurse all the time, be held by mommy and daddy, sleep with mommy, etc. It should also be perfect for your DDs age - I found it to be too wordy for Lilah 6 months ago and would just make up my own words to it. It also shows pictures of mommy nursing the baby with big sister/brother around doing other things.
    Thank you. I think I'll order it then!
    Proud mom of 2:

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    Thank you. I think I'll order it then!
    yes it says the baby needs to nurse all the time and has the dad wearing the baby while the older kids play at the park and talks about how you should never wake up a baby on purpose and "baby ___(sleeps, nurses, whatever)________ just like you used to!" and then the end your baby will grow up and be able to play with you. I love it.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Perfect!
    Proud mom of 2:

We got "what baby needs" and it is like her favorite book! She wants to read it everynight...this week at least. It was funny though, the one page where it talks about mommy nursing and the opposite page is baby getting expressed milk when mom is away. She pointed to the nursing page and said No and said baby gets bottle Nursing is for her
    Proud mom of 2:

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    That is sweet. I think E would like that book. Of course we have no plans to have another baby so it is probably pointless, but she is so interested in babies. I know she will be asking for a little brother or sister in the next couple of years.
    Aww...My neice is giving my sister greif about wanting a brother or sister - she's 5.
    Proud mom of 2:

That's cute Katie. Nursing is ONLY for her, I guess.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    That's cute Katie. Nursing is ONLY for her, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    You would not believe how R dunned me for a baby. She even asked her aunt who had three kids to tell me how to get a baby so she could have a sibling.
    too funny!
    Proud mom of 2: