Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weaning Books for Kids

Default Weaning Books for Kids

Anyone have any reccomendations for weaning books for kids? If DD doesn't start soon I want to initiate. I'm wondering if a book or even a video would help
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Default Re: Weaning Books for Kids

I looked around Katie and couldn't find any that were actually about weaning. Maybe someone else will come along. The only suggestion I found was to make a weaning book of your own, with pictures of your child nursing and then pictures of them being "big" and doing other things and not needing to nurse.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I am planning on getting Maggie's Weaning for my son who is 32 months and won't even discuss not nursing. Although today was extremely busy and I thought he might actually go all day without nursing, but I was wrong he woke from a nap right before I had to leave for work and insisted on nursing. It was weird because part of my was excited to think he'd made it all day without nursing and yet part of me was relieved when he did nurse. I think things will start to happen naturally with it getting warmer and there being more outdoor activites. Anyway I would also be interested if there are other books which I don't think there are or if anyone has read Maggie's Weaning to their toddler and what kind of a reaction it received.

Thanks. I know what you mean. I'm going to get that one and DH's cousin is sending me a couple of books. I forget what they are called though, but will come back about them when i get them.
    Proud mom of 2:

I'm not sure but I know when my little girl says a character in her book gets nummies now sometimes I say "oh, he probably doesn't get his nummies any more" or something like that. I hope I'm not messing her up.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krystine View Post
    I'm not sure but I know when my little girl says a character in her book gets nummies now sometimes I say "oh, he probably doesn't get his nummies any more" or something like that. I hope I'm not messing her up.
    I doubt it.
    Proud mom of 2:

OK. So I got 3 books.
    Mama's milk - shows all kinds of animals nursing and has babies nursing. This is her favorite one so far.
    Baby on the Way - talks about pregnancy, etc. She likes this one too.
    Maggie's Weaning - she likes Maggie, but everytime we finish reading it she asks to nurse!!!
    Proud mom of 2:

So cute.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

That is cute!

I have What Baby Needs by Dr Sears and Martha Sears. It's not about weaning but about all the things that baby needs. We aren't expecting yet I buy books like this because surely we'll be pregnant soon!! Yeah, I plan ahead too much. Not weaning related but I do really like the book and will definitely read it to my daughter when we do have a baby on the way :-)
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.