Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Weaning

Default Re: Weaning

Awesome Jenna! WTG Max!

Emily, mommy to
    Jeremija Charles - 5/30/07 - nursed 26 mo, and
    Aleksandar Hayes - 12/13/09 - nursing strong!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do now and do it." - William Durant

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way, if you don't, you'll find an excuse.

Thanks! Tracie that means a lot.

Buff yes I think he knows now because we keep telling him, I do however expect to have to remind him after the big day.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

ok so we were nursing the other evening and brainstorming alternatives to nursing. He says he will be ok just snuggling. However he mentioned casually that when he turns 5 he will be resuming nursing. I said "wait you said you were ready to wean when you turned 4" he said "yes weaning when I'm four and nurse again when I'm 5"
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10

Watch Your Language

I've heard all kinds of wierd, crazy stuff from DD about it too. Sometimes she says she's gonna nurse when she's in college, other times she's gonna wean when she's 5. Who knows exactly how much of what they're saying they really understand, right? I mean, I'm sure she understands what weaning is, but can't really picture herself at 5 or 6 or 7.

Well, other than the fact that he doesn't seem to understand that when you're done, you're done... he surely won't resume nursing after taking an entire year off.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna562 View Post
    ok so we were nursing the other evening and brainstorming alternatives to nursing. He says he will be ok just snuggling. However he mentioned casually that when he turns 5 he will be resuming nursing. I said "wait you said you were ready to wean when you turned 4" he said "yes weaning when I'm four and nurse again when I'm 5"
    Oh that is so funny. The other day my son was nursing and I was talking about when he should wean and since my daughters are getting ready to start school I mentioned he could go to preschool in January but he should wean and be a big boy by then and he shook his head yes then and we continued to talk about that he changed his mind and started shaking his head no. I am not sure if he will ever be ready. I am just planning to nurse until I get pregnant and definitely wean then (I hoping he will self wean then) Otherwise I am sure he'll nurse until 5. Man my family would really flip out then. I have already stopped discussing it with everyone except my DH.
    Did this for 9months with Kailey and Hailey
    who are now 8.

weaned Dane somewhere around 3.5 no longer he likes to sleep with his sisters He's now 5

Now I am , , My baby Cruz who is almost 6 months and my last baby

I nursed Max to sleep tonight... For the very last time, I feel, hmm I guess I don't really know how I feel yet. We've been a nursing pair for exactly four years. I'm proud of us, I know that for sure.
    My Boy 3-16-10

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna562 View Post
    I nursed Max to sleep tonight... For the very last time, I feel, hmm I guess I don't really know how I feel yet. We've been a nursing pair for exactly four years. I'm proud of us, I know that for sure.

Emily, mommy to
    Jeremija Charles - 5/30/07 - nursed 26 mo, and
    Aleksandar Hayes - 12/13/09 - nursing strong!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do now and do it." - William Durant

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way, if you don't, you'll find an excuse.

Did you cry?

Way too lazy for formula

Jenna
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012