Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Weaning

Default Re: Weaning

Sorry it's not going any better. Have you talked to him about the party? My DD wanted no parts of it - like she wanted a party at Chuck E. Cheese - but not to wean I'm sorry I have no advice for you. I think we hit our breakthrough when I told her that my boobs hurt all.the.time - not just when she nursed. I've been meaning to ask you too - I remember you said that he had cut back a lot before the baby was born, but then started back up. How often was he nursing. My DD is nursing a couple of times a week now. Usually just the weekends. But I'm wondering if she will want to start back up when the new baby arrives.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

when we cut way down it was like 8-10x per week. right before Sam was born he ramped it but, I guess cuz there was more milk, and now he'd nurse 10x per day if I let him. Honestly it made starting nursing Sam way easier though, so that's a positive thing. In the 3rd trimester it just didnt hurt as much, or at all really so I didnt have the bad feelings and was fine.

We talk about the party but he says he still wants to nurse.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

That's what my DD was saying too she still wanted milk AND the party.
    It is still bothering me to nurse, but I guess it's not as painful as when she was nursing every day. It's been over a week now since she nursed. Hopefully nursing for this long will make it easier for me to nurse my NB too. I am hoping she doesn't increase or start demanding, because she can be very stubborn and very demanding I just don't want her thinking that she can nurse all the time like the baby. I guess I'll have to deal with that when the time comes.
    Proud mom of 2:

That's right where I'm at with DD too. She'd love a party, but not enough to give up nursing for. We've managed to cut back to just bedtime and mornings (and naps on the few days she takes them) but that doesn't mean she doesn't have days when she decides to skip nap then winds up tired and miserable and something sets her off and she bawls, begging to nurse. But this is honestly way better than where we were at. I can't imagine how she'd be if I had a baby she felt she had to compete with. I sometimes wish I hadn't nursed her for every little booboo and whatnot when she was little. I hope it starts getting easier for you both soon!

s Jenna Big ones!!!
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

thanks ladies. Update is that Max seems to be on board for weaning and weaning party on his 4th birthday. He has requested a remote control monster truck in celebration of it. In fact my mom was driving him around her community in a golf cart and they stopped to talk to this older guy who does some lawn care and Max announced he was having a Weaning Party soon the guy was like
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Awesome. You're a great mom Jenna.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Aww that's great Jenna!!!
    Proud mom of 2:

That's great Jenna! Glad he's on board for the weaning party!

So I have to ask... do you think he understands that after the weaning party he (most likely) won't be nursing anymore?
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Awesome Jenna! WTG Max!

Emily, mommy to
    Jeremija Charles - 5/30/07 - nursed 26 mo, and
    Aleksandar Hayes - 12/13/09 - nursing strong!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do now and do it." - William Durant

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way, if you don't, you'll find an excuse.