My story so far:
1.Gestational Diabetic during pregnancy
2. With Diet and minimum medicine (glyburide) , delivery was normal. Baby sugar levels were normal (thanks to Lord)
3. Baby was in Nicu for 12 hours as I had GD and hence his first feed was formula..
4. Baby was not able to latch for 2 months and so I was pumping. Also gave formula . 50%-50%
5. Tried nipple shield and within a week baby started latching...but never I had 100% milk.
6. By 6 weeks , I was diagnosed with Pre diabetic and was forced to be on strict diet (1400 , 30 to 60 carbs per meal) as I need to reduce weight( 145 lbs currently, 25 lb more to go) to maintain sugar levels.
7. Baby is 4 months old now and I see gradual reduction in milk. Until now he was latching 10mins(L)+ 10mins(R) /feed appx. Now I am able to generate 3 to 4 oz per day , rest all is formula. Due to this baby is not willing to latch.
Can I increase the supply of milk? How can I encourage baby to latch again?
Thanks for any help.