Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What formula is "cloest" in taste to breastmilk?

Question What formula is "cloest" in taste to breastmilk?

I hate the idea of giving my LO formula but I am loosing my supply due to my pituitary gland not working and I have no hormone production (including prolactin). They are giving me domperidone to try to get me to make some more milk but with little luck. I make about 1 bottle (8oz) out of 3 pumping sessions when I am at work. When home I nurse all night long and in the morning before I go to work. I have been sending in 1 fresh bottle and 2 frozen bottles since all of the problems started. My freezer stash has now depleted and I have started sending in 1 fresh, 1 frozen and 1 formula. However, we can't find a flavor/brand of formula she will drink. Someone suggested that I mix MY Milk with the formula so transition her but I fear she will not drink it and I do not want to waste it since it is in such short supply.

Does anyone know what formula is Mom Flavored?
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Default Re: What formula is "cloest" in taste to breastmilk?

Yeah it is hard switch, formula tastes so bad especially compared to BM. What have you tried?
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Similac Advanced (Blue can) and Similac Fussy baby (Orange can). SHe gagged on both.
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Did you mix them with bm?
    sorry I only have a sec but will be back when I can
    Last edited by @llli*durhamgrrl; May 2nd, 2011 at 08:49 PM.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

I have not but can try it.

I don't know that I would try cause she might refuse and that would waste what mommy milk you have.
    Have you warmed it or tried to serve it very cold? Sometimes one of thoose tricks works.
    What about goat milk? they do make a formula out of it.

You might try getting a prescription from your doc for breast milk from the milk bank. Not sure how to go about doing this, but it's worth a shot.

i age with the PP. instead of goig for formula, try to get donated milk. feeds on feets i think its called? donated milk will be SO much better than yucky formula.
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

Eats on feets is on FB. I wish you were here. I'd give you the 100+ oz in my freezer!

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sailoryue View Post
    i age with the PP. instead of goig for formula, try to get donated milk. feeds on feets i think its called? donated milk will be SO much better than yucky formula.
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*yoginimama View Post
    Eats on feets is on FB. I wish you were here. I'd give you the 100+ oz in my freezer!
    Its called Human Milk for Human Babies now. (HMFHB)
    Mommy to 2 little boys!
    DS1 11/1/07 BFed 7 months
    DS2 11/6/09 BF 2 YEARS! and counting!