Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Second Toddler...feeling frustrated

Default Second Toddler...feeling frustrated

I am so happy to be nursing my second toddler, Mady is now 19 months, but I am feeling enough already often lately. Does anyone else go or have gone through this. She latches and all is fine but then she is just there forever, and I get to that point where I say enough, finish up and she absolutely flips when I unlatch. I unlatch when I feel frustrated that she just hasn't finished yet. I feel like our nusring sessions are lasting longer and longer, which is sometimes the case but sometimes it's just me feeling that enough already feeling....am I alone in this. I never ever went through this with Gabe, until I was 8-9 months pregnant and he was weaning anyways...
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Default Re: Second Toddler...feeling frustrated

Glad to see you around, I've missed you! Sorry you are feeling frustrated. I lost my milk with both kids around 16-17 months and we just slowly weaned with both that way. I have to say though I do wish I was still nursing Adelyn at times, I miss that closeness. So no advice, but just enjoy the close time you two have with each other.
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

Not alone but I'm nak so I will reply lat er, glad to se you
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I was just about to post about the same. I want to know how I can appreciate the nursing sessiong with my toddler rather than resenting them.
    I heard at a meeting that the need to nursing/sucking peeks at 18 months, hence what seems like increased nursing sessions.

I find it frustrating that everytime I sit he wants to nurse all the time. He would gladly nurse all day. Some times though I can distract him by offering something I know that he would like. This doesn't always work.
    I also get headaches at night as I am so tense because he won't unlatch! This is what frustrates me the most.
    Anyway I'm sure that I haven't been much help here, but thanks for letting me get it off my chest. Hugs!
    mother of beautiful ds born sept 09

Kelly how are you guys doing?
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*gabesmommy View Post
    I am so happy to be nursing my second toddler, Mady is now 19 months, but I am feeling enough already often lately. Does anyone else go or have gone through this. She latches and all is fine but then she is just there forever, and I get to that point where I say enough, finish up and she absolutely flips when I unlatch. I unlatch when I feel frustrated that she just hasn't finished yet. I feel like our nusring sessions are lasting longer and longer, which is sometimes the case but sometimes it's just me feeling that enough already feeling....am I alone in this. I never ever went through this with Gabe, until I was 8-9 months pregnant and he was weaning anyways...

Hi Kelly!!! Miss you, I am just recently back on here a bit too and I feel EXACTLY the same way at times. It is frustrating. JH wants to nurse frequently too and I do feel touched out at times. However, I mostly feel that way when I am due for AF and then it goes away...What helped for me was to start tracking my monthly cycle on a calendar, and then circling the days that are about a week before. Then I knew that was why I was feeling this way and that it would pass. Now I know exactly when to expect it and that makes it less burdensome! Call me so we can chat!

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK