Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ben is 1!

Talking Ben is 1!

I can't believe my little guy is one. I am so thankful to have been able to breastfeed him so long while working full time (started when he was 3 months old). I have a very supportive company and am lucking to have my own office which is very private. We quit supplementing him with formula at 8 weeks old and just introduced cows milk a couple of weeks ago. So he received most of his nutrition from breast milk for many months.

Now I am ready to pump wean. But plan to continue to nurse him in the morning and evening. He just had his checking and is doing well. Caught up a little on height (he was 5% at last check) and is not 10% on height and weight. Head size is and has always been off the charts, but that is normal for babies in my family.

Thanks for all the support.

Default Re: Ben is 1!

Congratulations and happy birthday Ben!
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

Ben!

And mama too! You should celebrate your accomplishments!
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

Congrats on making it to a year!! I will be there on Thursday and I know what an accomplishment it is! Happy Birthday Ben!
    Mama to one precious little boy- May 2010

Great Job! & Happy B-day!!
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog