Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Relactating after 6 months

Default Relactating after 6 months

Mamas!
    I need your help! I stopped BF my son after about two months & he is now suffering with severe Acid Relux & milk protein allergies so I was hoping mommy milk might help him! I have a tiny bit of colostrum left if I try, any suggestions?!

Default Re: Relactating after 6 months

Will your baby latch onto your breast at all? Do you have a pump? It's not easy to relactate after four months, but people have done it. Start on a rigorous pumping program, get your baby to nurse as much as possible if he still will, and don't give up if you don't see results immediately - it takes some TIME for your body's hormone levels to respond to the stimulation.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

His turns 6 months on the 9th, His latch is AMAZING it makes me just wish I was producing mommy milk for him! He will suck for a minute & get upset because I literally only have about a drop! =/ I do have a pump how often should I use it? & for how long.

Rent a hospital grade pump. They are more effective than the pumps you can buy in the store. I believe we have a section on inducing lactation and relactation.

ETA: Here it is
    http://forums.llli.org/forumdisplay.php?f=50

Also, I'm not an allergy expert by any means (see our allergies forum), but you may have to cut out dairy from your diet if your baby has dairy sensitivities.

That's great that your baby latches on!! YAY! about the hospital grade pump.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Thanks so much!