Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pump more and get less??

Post Re: Pump more and get less??

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*desertchildaz View Post
    Do you have the Medela PISA? If so, I think you can take the pump out of the bag and carry just the pump.
    Yes. Funny thing is, I only realized LAST WEEK that it comes out of the bag. But it's still pretty heavy. Weighs more than my milk! It's the heaviness that annoys me. Well, and between that and the milk cooler, it's all pretty bulky.
    Stephanie
    Proud mama to Aya born at home Oct. 2010
    and managing dietary sensitivities, OS/OALD and our lipase issues seem to have magically corrected themselves
    and at work full time
    and so always

Post Re: Pump more and get less??

So I'm still having the same issue. Pumping more, getting less. Yesterday I pumped 5 times and got 10 ounces. A couple days ago I stopped block nursing completely and if I still had OS it would have become apparent by now.

What is typical of supply when your period comes back? Does it drop then go back up once your period starts? Does it drop weeks beforehand? My supply has been dropping for 2 weeks now and even stopping block nursing hasn't helped my pump output.

I took a preg test last week, was negative, but maybe I should try again? Last week wasn't quite 2 weeks after the last time we had sex.

Should I look at actual pump issues? I just replaced the membranes.

Thanks ladies!
    Stephanie
    Proud mama to Aya born at home Oct. 2010
    and managing dietary sensitivities, OS/OALD and our lipase issues seem to have magically corrected themselves
    and at work full time
    and so always

Default Re: Pump more and get less??

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ayas.mama View Post
    So I'm still having the same issue. Pumping more, getting less. Yesterday I pumped 5 times and got 10 ounces. A couple days ago I stopped block nursing completely and if I still had OS it would have become apparent by now.

What is typical of supply when your period comes back? Does it drop then go back up once your period starts? Does it drop weeks beforehand? My supply has been dropping for 2 weeks now and even stopping block nursing hasn't helped my pump output.

I took a preg test last week, was negative, but maybe I should try again? Last week wasn't quite 2 weeks after the last time we had sex.

Should I look at actual pump issues? I just replaced the membranes.

Thanks ladies!
    That's weird. I would definitely check again for pregnancy in a week or so, particularly if you are cycling.

And I'd probably try a different pump, like rent a hospital grade. Or talk to your manufacturer. There's something going on.

When you are home on weekends and nursing, is your baby satisfied?
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!