Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Misses me?

Default Misses me?

:I've been back to work for 4 weeks now and things have been going pretty smooth. My son still eats every two hours but on my first day off of the week- he nurses 24/7- so much so that when he finally goes to sleep-I am so....so....sore. Does he just miss me and miss that nursing time and is making up for it or is he missing something or not getting enough during the week [ and I don't mean literally BM because I'm sure he'd make it known if he was still hungry ]. Just curious because I'll nurse him all day and night if he wants to

Default Re: Misses me?

Awh. Yes, it sounds like he misses you. Hang in there, mama. I know it's hard. I went back to work FT when DD was 12 weeks.

It's good that your LO wants to nurse so much. It's great to help keep up your supply and production while away.

The fact that you are sore is a bit troublesome though. Do you think it could be a case of thrush? I found that I was sore when I was in your position, because my pump shields didn't fit right. Once I got my pump to fit better I felt a lot better.

Let us know if we can help you with that.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Hmmm... I didn't think of that because they are only sore at night of my first day off and it's a light case as if there was too much friction or something? But at the same time, he has two bottom teeth coming in and he likes to rub his bottom jawline across them as well. But anyway- the next day they are perfectly fine again and so is he- he goes right back to his every two hours. Think it could still be an issue though? Because if it is- I def don't want to let it go..you know?

Whenever I pick up my daughter, it doesn't matter if she had a bottle 3 hours earlier or 30 minutes earlier - she wants to nurse right away. Like now.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos