Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: So Depressed, dont know what to do!!!! HELP!

Default So Depressed, dont know what to do!!!! HELP!

Hello Ladies. Ive had a few posts before, my LO is 6 months old, he will NOT drink some of my frozen milk. Ive worked so hard to build up a good stash so I dont have to pump for the rest of my life! (I know, exaggerating) but when you EP, thats what it feels like! So I built up this HUGE stash so I could stop soon, well, he wont drink any frozen BM from Oct, Nov or Dec. I havent tried to thaw out a Jan one yet, but will do once he wakes up. He will drink frozen fresher milk, like I tried one from 1 month ago and he drank it as if it were fresh milk. I just feel so horrible, first when he was 2 1/2 months my deep freezer broke and I lost 900oz and then I did all this hard work to re-build my stash and now he wont take it?! What do I do?!
    Mommy to 2 little boys
    Angel Gabriel 8/14/08 (didn't BF I was confused and thought I didn't have milk)
    Damian Gabriel 10/7/10 (BF and I now know I have an OVERSUPPLY, better more than none, I wish I would've known what I know now with my first)
    and

Default Re: So Depressed, dont know what to do!!!! HELP!

Taste it, as you might have a lipase problem.

You can't really fix it, once the lipase has activated, but you might be able to dilute it with fresh milk. Or donate it to a milk bank. Then scald your new milk that might sit for some months in the freezer.

I know how much it hurts. I donated milk last nursling to a local mom, and I started having lipase problems, and I cried when she told me her LO would no longer drink my milk and she had to toss it.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

How frustrating.

Manteconj, have you thought about coaxing LO to the breast?
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html
    Katharine
    Be the change you want to see in the world--Mahatma Gandhi
    mid-August DD (2010) & DS (2011 VBAC)
    Ouch! Is it thrush or Raynaud's phenomenon?

Im trying to find a way to donate it!!!

He will drink frozen milk, just not older than 3 months thankfully! I have milk from Jan, Feb, March and now that is ok. Id just DIE if I had to toss Oct, Nov and Dec
    Mommy to 2 little boys
    Damian Gabriel 10/7/10 (BF and I now know I have an OVERSUPPLY, better more than none, I wish I would've known what I know now with my first)
    and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bxlgirl View Post
    How frustrating.

Manteconj, have you thought about coaxing LO to the breast?
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html
    I wish! He wont take the breast
    Mommy to 2 little boys
    and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*manteconj View Post
    Im trying to find a way to donate it!!!

He will drink frozen milk, just not older than 3 months thankfully! I have milk from Jan, Feb, March and now that is ok. Id just DIE if I had to toss Oct, Nov and Dec
    Check out your local La Leche League chapter and ask if anyone with supply issues might want it. Make sure you know that their baby isnt picky. Mine sure isnt bc we've received milk from mom's who have a lipase issue and he doesnt care. If no one wants it go to www.milkshare.com or type in facebook "human for human babies - (then your state)". Which state are you in? If your in Iowa maybe we can talk about it.

so sorry to hear that! i can totally feel your pain!! i had built up about 10 liters of supply in the freezer for when I go back to work and my LO refuses to drink it, too (she is fine drinking freshly expressed milk). After we fed her the thawed milk a few times she even refused all bottles for a couple of months, luckily that is fixed now. i think it was the lipase issue as well.

i was so depressed when i found out so i totally understand how you feel. i even thought i will have to supplement with formula when i go back to work as i wasn't sure i have enough time at work to pump enough. i even bought a pack of formula. i was so upset by this though that i decided to fight back and just take more time at work to express, i haven't done any weaning and i am determined to continue to exclusively breastfeed, even after losing two months worth of frozen milk.

i think once you get over the loss of the freezer stash you will still be determined to make it work and you will feel better again. to be honest, i have totally gotten over the loss now that i decided to continue to exclusively breastfeed and it doesn't bother me anymore, even though it hurt at the time. i wish you good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joesmama View Post
    Check out your local La Leche League chapter and ask if anyone with supply issues might want it.
    Under LLLI policy, LLL Leaders and Groups actually can't be involved with facilitating milk sharing arrangements. We encourage donating to a milk bank if you qualify. A lot of milk banks have serious shortages right now.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--