Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Explosive diapers? Help!!!

Default Explosive diapers? Help!!!

My son is now 10 weeks yesterday and is bf. No bottles!!! He usually poops every feeding and sometimes more. As of Friday he has been having 1-2 explosive loud blow out dirty diapers. I am very worried that this is not normal? Can someone help?

Default Re: Explosive diapers? Help!!!

I think that's perfectly normal. I remember DS1 doing that often...I'm just waiting for DS2 to start as well!
    Melanie

Mom to
    Matthew born April 2009
    Jonathan born March 2011
    loving and

Okay great. I am so worried about it. Going from 6-8 dirty diapers to 1-2 is a big change. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*keberlek View Post
    Okay great. I am so worried about it. Going from 6-8 dirty diapers to 1-2 is a big change. Thanks
    It definitely is a big change...but it's normal. As they get older many BF babies go days in between poops...but when they do come...watch out!
    Melanie

Mom to
    Matthew born April 2009
    Jonathan born March 2011
    loving and

What a great relief! I was about to make a doc appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nursingmom View Post
    It definitely is a big change...but it's normal. As they get older many BF babies go days in between poops...but when they do come...watch out!
    as long as when they do poop it's not, hard or dusty it's all good
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

My husband (who ff his first) used to blame the mess on how I would put the diaper on Evee. So he got the job of diapering. When the (LOUD) poop conitued to go right up her back he learnt that it was just a bf thing.

You'll figure your LO out just in time for them to change again.
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nursingmom View Post
    if you are using disposable diapers it may be time to go up a size
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mom2a View Post
    DS1 had explosive poops like this all the time and sometimes going up a size did help. With DS2 we used cloth and we only had the blowout problems the rare occasion he was in sposies. He had a huge one on a near the end of a flight on the way to California. We couldn't even deal with it on the flight, we had to just wrap him in a blanket and rush off the plane when we landed.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mom2a View Post
    and make sure they flair out, not tuck in. if those elastics are stuck in side and not make a barrier, bye bye last pair of clean pants

i had to wear my husband's japanese ninja pants to a friends house when i did the laundry there. its the #1 reason why to bring 2 extra onesies and a whole jumper if its cold in the diaper bag. (if only theres enough room for spare cloths for mommy
    Last edited by @llli*sailoryue; April 24th, 2011 at 11:16 PM.
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing