Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: :(

Default :(

Not sure where to post this..

I had 2 formula fed babies before my youngest. One of which is VERY strong willed to say in the least. As a baby he would suck his thumb and play with my hair. Lately I have been telling him no on the hair but he still sucks his thumb from time to time. When he gets mad about something he goes to the extreme.. he is very temperamental. He went to the dentist recently and found out he has a cross bite. Thinking about it, and something I just read here on this website.. I can almost guarantee that if he would have been breastfed he wouldn't have this problem and maybe he wouldn't be so temperamental. I was telling my husband the other day when we were talking about extended nursing (with my currently nursing DD) that my middle child (4 years old) would probably be one of those nursing toddlers because of his needs. Obviously I can't go back and "fix" it now.. but lately I have been observing his behavior and wonder how I could fix this. He has become quite the handful.
    I'm a homeschooling, , mom!

4/21/04 9lbs1oz FF due to hospital sabotage
    3/16/07 10lbs3oz FF bc of severe weight loss, lack of support
    11/02/10 7lbs14oz BF , supplemented 3oz formula/day for first 3 months due to supply issues. Now she's on all mommy's milk!

Default Re: :(

aw, mama. you're right. you can't go back in time and change what you did. But you can be proud and happy that you're nursing your youngest baby. I have a pretty animated little guy and he's never had a sip of formula in his life -- so you never know what makes our little loves the way they are.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

My daughter is very high needs, very sensitive, very fussy (at times, just incredibly intense now....fussier her first 9 mos) and never had a drop of formula. Lots and lots of breast milk, lots of nursing even now at 21 mos and that is just how she was made. A lot of personality and temperment is determined before birth.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

My daughter has a crossbite and will be getting a retainer (she's 7). She was breastfed for 14 months

Thanks ladies. I've been out of sorts lately and he has really been testing me. I actually have taken a pregnancy test because my emotions are so out of whack. Probably doesn't help that we only have one car right now (other is in the shop) and our family car just got put in the shop too and the car my husband is driving until it gets fixed is only a 4 seater and we are a family of 5. Tired of being couped up in the house

11/02/10 7lbs14oz BF , supplemented 3oz formula/day for first 3 months due to supply issues. Now she's on all mommy's milk!

Maybe your lo is feeling cooped up to and is acting out. I hope you get your car back soon.
    Hi, I'm Faith, a Wife, Mom, Stepmom and SAHM
    I married my best friend Rodney on October 17, 2009
    DS1 Andy Born May 11, 2002
    DS2 Ethan Born May 18, 2009 Nursed 2 years 7 months & 2 days
    DSS1 Benjamin Born September 24, 1989

Ooh. Cabin fever makes everybody crazy.

Maybe you can take walks during the day? Fresh air always helps us feel better I think DD naps better, too!

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Thanks. I hope we get it back soon, too. Crappy thing is although our mechanic is cheaper than taking it to a shop.. he works a full time job so it will be a little bit before it gets done. It's been there for a week now.. hopefully it won't be too much longer.

My DH & I talked about it and I mentioned my possibly having postpartum depression and he said he didn't think so. He said he's been noticing the kids getting on his nerves lately too (he's rarely ever home) and he thinks it's because they are cooped up in the house and bored. It was nice to be able to have a conversation with him about it.

We have been trying to go outside, darn weather! I will usually let the boys go outside as long as the weather isn't horribly bad but I can't take the baby out if it's windy or freezing out.. so that has been hard because most days it's been too bad for anyone to go outside or the kids aren't behaving and doing their school work/chores in a timely manner. All of us did get outside yesterday and took the kids for a walk to the park and around town. I can't wait until it warms up!