Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Love BFing

Default Love BFing

I have had several ups and downs, but I love breast feeding. I LOVE holding my little guy and having him curl up around me and make little happy sounds when he is eating. I love having him pat my breast and play with my shirt. I love it when he is finished and makes a contented smacking noise. I love how he falls asleep in my arms and how great it feels that he feels so safe that he can fall asleep. We have had our ups and downs and there are still frustrations at times, but I am so glad that I have kept at it. I was seriously going to give up when we were first starting out because it was so difficult, but I don't have any thoughts of stopping any time soon. And I have always felt weird about nursing a toddler, but now I keep thinking how hard it will be to wean him. So weird because I have always had issues with the thought of breast feeding a baby who can lift up my shirt himself. The awesome thing is DH is totally supportive of whatever length I want to nurse. He wants me to nurse at least until he is 6 months old to give him the best healthy start we can, and he would totally be supportive of me nursing until he is a toddler as well. His mom nursed her kids for at least one year, and longer when she could. He also lived in Argentina for awhile and breast feeding is very normal to do until kids are preschool age.
    I wanted to thank all of you who have been so helpful because without your help, I am pretty sure I may have given up sooner, which would have been so sad to miss out on such a wonderful thing I get to share with my son.

Default Re: Love BFing

Excellent!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Aw!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Thanks for sharing.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

love yhe good posts
    Mother to the wonderful Teya - born June 21, 2010

Wife to Pat Sept 13, 2008

We are and at school

{sweet}
    JEN
    Happy Wife of 20 years to J~
    Mommy to DD E~ 9/22/04 BF 21 months
    Mommy to DD H~ 7/2/07 BF 27 months CD'd from 10 mos on!
    Mommy to DD A~ 7-14-10 All cloth, and Potty Trained at 2 1/2. Still Nursing!
    I grow an organic garden, homeschool, and really feel blessed to be a SAHM!

Always good to hear! We are also happy you stuck with it.

Way too lazy for formula

I feel the same way!! wonderful post!!
    I'm also dreading weaning.
    Proud wife to Paul , dedicated SAHM to our O.O. born 00:00:00 on 08 Nov 2010,

Look for us in the upcoming September 2011 issue of LLLGB's magazine, "BREASTFEEDING MATTERS" as well as LLL's upcoming booklet on relactation!
    & A proud daughter to a LLLL may she RIP.
    Relactated from scratch after a complicated birth(BAD hospital)...
    Now relatched and & ing after 5 months of 100% EBM feeding
    Planning permanent lactation.
    A millionaires baby fed with commercial baby milk has a poorer diet than the poorest family's baby who is breastfed.-WHO, 1997
    My story-for those looking to relactate, relatch, or boost their milk supply

GREAT!!!! I also dread weaning....my DD is 2! NEVER thought Id be nursing a 2y/o, AND hoping that she continues nursing! It gets better as they get older
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK