Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: When did you start your LO on solids?

Default When did you start your LO on solids?

When did you start you LO on solids, and why?
    I'm a homeschooling, , mom!

4/21/04 9lbs1oz FF due to hospital sabotage
    3/16/07 10lbs3oz FF bc of severe weight loss, lack of support
    11/02/10 7lbs14oz BF , supplemented 3oz formula/day for first 3 months due to supply issues. Now she's on all mommy's milk!

Default Re: When did you start your LO on solids?

Both of mine were just under 6 months
    they showed all the readiness signs
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

My daughter was 5 months. I was pressured and LO kept trying to steal my food. She didn't like it, so I stopped. Then she was 5 1/2 months when she started eating finger foods, like peas. She still hates to be spoon fed and if anyone comes at her with a spoon I lose it. grrrr I hate the idea of forcing a kid to eat.
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

we went the Baby led solids route and started offering food at 6 months... she pretty much just played in it and didn't even eat aything till around 7.5 months.

A good book that we read when we were thinking of going the BLS route was Baby led weaning by gill rapley
    I'm Melanie and back to being a SAHM again... which is lovely!
    Mom to DD1 Peyton born June 22, 2009 @ 4:40pm (39 weeks & 6 Days) 7 lbs & 6 Oz... Successfully BF for 25 months!
    Mom to DD2 Sadie born March 3, 2012 @ 1:44am (39 weeks & 1 day) 6 lbs & 9 Oz

I was clueless so 5 months. They I got schooled on here and waited for all signs of readiness
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

11 months. her weight was in the 97 percentile and we did BLS. she is 16 months now and her solid food appetite is picking up and her weight and iron levels are great. we still nurse 8-12 times a day.