Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sleeping like she's in a mosh pit

Default sleeping like she's in a mosh pit

my DD and i cosleep and so far it hasnt been a problem. she falls asleep around 7 or 630pm and wakes a couple of times during the night for a feeding and goes rightback to sleep. no problem. LATELY she has been waking up around 9 and feeds and then tries to fall asleep and she seems to be keeping herself up by thrashing around. arms and legs flailing. i cant figure out what is wrong, we rock we nurse everything. and it usually lasts about a good hour before she passes out again. the only thing i can think of is that she is maybe starting to teethe, she has been really fussy lately during the day....

Default Re: sleeping like she's in a mosh pit

How old is she?
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Sorry! Forgot to mention that, she's 5 mo

Have you ever swaddled her? That helped Joe from waking himself up with his thrashing at that age. Teething could definitely be the culprit - as could her increased mobility.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Yes I have tried swaddling but that just seems to make her really angry lol oh I don't know what's gotten into my sweet baby! She used to be the happiest smiliest giggling little bug, now she spends the day whimpering and whining breaks my heart. Hope it's just a phase and it will soon pass.

Have any new foods been introduced? Either directly or through your milk?
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Does she have any teeth yet? It could be teething for sure. Or it could be a developmental thing. When they are learning the crawl or other big milestones they have restless sleep. My son would wake himself up practicing crawling in his sleep.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

My LO started the same thing at that age! It definitely seemed like she was practicing her increases mobility in her sleep. She also became very whiny right around 5 months which was tiring for me and I felt bad for her. It seemed like teething (no teeth yet and she's 6 months) but the symptoms can last for months before they show up
    I'm Melanie

First time mom to my sweet baby girl born October 2010
    Still
    We full-time and love it!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*molufs10 View Post
    Yes I have tried swaddling but that just seems to make her really angry lol oh I don't know what's gotten into my sweet baby! She used to be the happiest smiliest giggling little bug, now she spends the day whimpering and whining breaks my heart. Hope it's just a phase and it will soon pass.
    Does tylenol help?

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

My DD's 6.5 months old and we're going through the same thing! She'll flail around, roll back and forth and raspberry. She is teething, which I think is some of it. I also think she's getting to the age where she want's to see whats going on more!
    Not much advise, you could try tylanol, like pp suggested. I do feel your pain. At 7 or 8 when I'm trying to get her to sleep, it's kind of cute and silly, but at 1 am when I have to wake up at 5 for work and am exhausted, it's not so cute!