Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ugh, pumping is torture!

Unhappy ugh, pumping is torture!

I have been pumping one breast to try and increase milk supply because I'm a little "lopsided". I find it so uncomfortable to nurse on one side and pump the other at the same time because I have to lean forward. I found this site and am wondering if it works or if anyone has any other suggestions so I can lean back and relax a little!

http://www.pumpinpal.com/

Default Re: ugh, pumping is torture!

I have, but if I lean back, the milk still drops towards me, rather than the bottle. I was looking at the shield attachments so I an sit back, rather than upright or forward.

I haven't tried those, so I'm not sure, but I like the idea. If they have a satisfaction guarantee I'd go for it.

In the meantime, do you have one of those (I don't know what it's called) big support-pillows you can put behind you on a bed to help you sit up? I used one of those on the couch and on the bed with another pillow if needed. Then I was able to relax against that (and be comfortable enough to pump) but I didn't have the milk-flow problem.

Alternately, I would just sit back, let the milk collect around my nipples, and then be *very* cautious to sit up every 5 minutes or so to allow it to drop into the bottles. I screwed up using this method once or twice but never did any major damage.

Hope this helps!
    Wife to DH February 17, 2004.
    First time mom to my precious baby girl, welcomed to this world August 3, 2009!
    Birth: 6 lbs. 6 oz. and 18.5"
    6 months: 14 lbs. 14.5 oz. and 26"
    1 year: 20 lbs. and 30"

Woohoo! We made it one year!

Learn more about us at my blog.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*three-wishes View Post
    Alternately, I would just sit back, let the milk collect around my nipples, and then be *very* cautious to sit up every 5 minutes or so to allow it to drop into the bottles.
    That's what I do too. I sort of am able to tilt my breasts down (without moving my whole body) and it makes the milk dump into the bottle. It could be a bit risky though! You don't want to be crying over spilt milk!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*three-wishes View Post

In the meantime, do you have one of those (I don't know what it's called) big support-pillows you can put behind you on a bed to help you sit up?
    I do have one of those pillows, they're called a husband! I will try it out! thanks

I double pump so i have a zip up front sports bra a use w/holes cut out for the horns so im hands free, but i also use it when im BF and need to pump the other breast. It works great cus i dont have to hold it! And with all the pp GREAT advice
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST