Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: unsure?

Default unsure?

Should the amount Im able to pump out each session be going down now that DS is BFing more often?? Im still trying to pump AFTER he BFs through out the day to make sure my supply stays up. LO is 10weeks and Im NOD

thanks for any help, jenn
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST

Default Re: unsure?

Eventually you'll get the same amount everytime. Pumping will increase your supply, but don't worry about not having milk. Empty breast make milk faster. So as long as your LO nurses as much as they want before you pump you should have no problems.
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

Default Re: unsure?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*codepink View Post
    Eventually you'll get the same amount everytime. Pumping will increase your supply, but don't worry about not having milk. Empty breast make milk faster. So as long as your LO nurses as much as they want before you pump you should have no problems.
    thank you! I just figured out that my pumps motor is SHOT!! UHHGG
    The amount i was getting out went way down(3-4oz to .5oz) so... i triple checked EVERYTHING then my DH checked it out and thinks the motor sounds funny,so to Medela it will go in the morning! I tried to hand express but i just made a mess, i had to get out my lil hand pump im suprised i can still type! just 1 more hurdle to get through its a good thing im so stubborn
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST