Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Aunt Flo

Default Aunt Flo

So Aunt Flo returned.... Is that normal? I never got mine this fast before.

LO is 5 months old. She has been sleeping through the night for months now. Sometimes she wakes up at 4, but most of the time she sleeps to 6:30. Throughout the day she nurses every hour sometimes more. Sometimes she lets it go an hour and half. She does cluster nurse at night.

I just wondered if its normal to get your period back this soon. With the other kids I didn't for at least 10 months.

On a side note, its great having all of you here to help me and encourage me. You all really make me feel like I have a huge group of friends that all BF! And that is great for me!
    LaRae

DH Paul Married 06/26/99

My angel baby Peyton born too soon 09/07/01

Mason & Maya- twins 02/15/06
    Jasperlyn 12/08/07
    Elise 11/22/10

http://laraeslife.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Aunt Flo

I got mine back when LO was 4 months old. And he nursed every 1.5-2 hours day and night. So I just think it's different for every person and every baby.
    I'll bet it has a lot to do with your LO sleeping through the night.
    Mom to T September 10 2009 - BF for 20 months

Due with baby #2 December 31st 2012!

I got mine at 9 weeks
    I'm Rebecca; the local fish out of water in small town Alabama
    DS Duglen born Jan 2011 & breastfed for 16 months - never tasted formula
    DD Debra born Dec 2012; my NATURAL girl & boob lover

Mine came back at 4 months, despite practicing ecological bfing. I think it's the (un)luck of the draw....some of us are just cursed with an early return of aunt flow
    Married my best friend 07/19/2008
    Proud mama to Harper Anne born 09/10/2010
    and every moment of motherhood

Thanks ladies! As always you calm my feeds! I guess it does not necessarily mean anything one way or another.
    LaRae

DH Paul Married 06/26/99

My angel baby Peyton born too soon 09/07/01

Mason & Maya- twins 02/15/06
    Jasperlyn 12/08/07
    Elise 11/22/10

http://laraeslife.blogspot.com/

It's normal, and it's quite possibly the price you have to pay for a baby who is sleeping through the night at only 5 months. (What I wouldn't give...!) As soon as prolactin levels drop for >6 hours at a time, as they do anytime a baby goes that long without nursing, estrogen levels can rise high enough to allow ovulation to occur.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

It's a good thing you post this. My LO is 9 months old and AF HASN'T returned. When should i start worrying about it?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*usamom View Post
    It's a good thing you post this. My LO is 9 months old and AF HASN'T returned. When should i start worrying about it?
    I think I've read the average is about 12-15 months. I got mine at just shy of 13 months. While I am not the right person to ask about birth control, I would think you'd want to not rely on this method unless you are ok with becoming PG this soon.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*yoginimama View Post
    I think I've read the average is about 12-15 months. I got mine at just shy of 13 months. While I am not the right person to ask about birth control, I would think you'd want to not rely on this method unless you are ok with becoming PG this soon.
    I use an IUD that doesnt mess with my hormones, just doesnt let the swimming team through I thought perhaps that could have something to do with it but bc it's a non-hormonal IUD i couldnt see how.