Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: what is better, but not crazy spendy?

Default what is better, but not crazy spendy?

First off this is the Last baby *prettttyyyy sure like 99 percent sure*

I had this pump with daughter
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3247627
    worked fine for the 2 ish yrs i used it. BUT towards the end lost suction..

I only plan on using a breast pump kinda part time just to get my new lo through my 4-6 hour work days..

I dont want to spend 400 on a new pump that i am not gona use, and i know ppl wont want to buy.. so looking for another one under 100 or 150 at leastttt?
    Hoping you ladies would have some insight? if not i might just buy another one of these to hold me over another baby..

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*

Default Re: what is better, but not crazy spendy?

For that price, you could buy a Lansinoh, which is the same as an Ameda only for less. I like mine, and I'd use it more if the horns were bigger -- I take a 36. It's a closed system, unlike a Medela. It worked perfectly for me doing just what you are thinking, and I even did some FT pumping with it.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Look online; sometimes you can get really good prices. You have to call or email them usually, b/c they aren't allowed to post their discounted prices online.

My faves are:
    Www.nursingmothersupplies.com
    www.bestbuybaby.com
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

Thanks for these links, because I just ordered my Freestyle for $280 from Best Buy Baby. The shipping was free and no tax unless you are in New Jersey. That was the price I paid for my Pump In Style and the customer service was great-- a real person answered the phone and said they would ship it out today. I did have to email them to get the price but they emailed back within an hour.