Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you use Domperidone? (sorry long)

Default Re: Would you use Domperidone? (sorry long)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*danlynclark View Post
    My daughter is 2.5 years old and I take it. She doesn't eat a lot of solids and was nowhere near self weaning when my cycle returned. Like you I go down to no milk for over a week and noticed worrisome reduction in her wet diapers. I'm happy with my choice.

I took it with Jonah for the same reason. At 7 months with my first AF milk was gone. He almost weaned b/o it. A lovely lady on here helped me out with where to get it. I took it until he was about 15 months old, and then slowly weaned off. My cycles are still dipping, but not as severe and he loves nursing now, he just nurses more at night when AF is is coming.

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

Thanks so much mamas... I actually went ahead and order it before I got a chance to come back here to check on this thread... I really, really wanted to do it, so I figured I needed to stop overthinking and just do it.

Now I can't wait for it to arrive. I HATE this low supply thing so bad, and I can't stand the fact that I now have it for half of my entire cycle!

First time, SAH mom to my precious daughter born October 2009
    Nursing 27 months and counting... I still love nursing so much and am SAD thinking the end can come anytime now...

KUP!

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

My dom arrived!!!

Mamas that take dom: How much do you take? 3 10mg tablets 3x/day (a total of 9 10mg tablets) as suggested on Dr. Newman's website? Thanks!

Nursing 27 months and counting... I still love nursing so much and am SAD thinking the end can come anytime now...

I have the exact same problem, DD2 is 17 mths and doesn't eat or nurse well but I pump for her to supplement. Where did you get the meds? I am in the US and I thought you couldn't get them here?
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.

Mamas that took/take Domperidone, did/do you experience any effects (other than increase in supply that is ), esp. on your menstruation?

I've been on for about 2.5 weeks now, and suddenly I'm experience some vaginal spotting (coupled with some (vague) abdominal cramping. It's not quite time for my period yet (and the bleeding is light anyway). I read on Dr. Newman's website that alterations in periods are possible (I have also emailed him) but

I haven't taken Dom but i just had a thought about the dairy... is it the same with your LO if you give Goats milk or goat cheese? It can be much easier for your LO to digest and you may find if/when you try diary again that it is easier on her system.
    http://askdrsears.com/html/3/t032400.asp is some info on it

We started our DD on it cause she was not interested in cow's milk and I wanted her to have an option for when I'm at work( can't pump anymore).
    I'm Melanie and back to being a SAHM again... which is lovely!
    Mom to DD1 Peyton born June 22, 2009 @ 4:40pm (39 weeks & 6 Days) 7 lbs & 6 Oz... Successfully BF for 25 months!
    Mom to DD2 Sadie born March 3, 2012 @ 1:44am (39 weeks & 1 day) 6 lbs & 9 Oz

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*manddbp View Post
    I haven't taken Dom but i just had a thought about the dairy... is it the same with your LO if you give Goats milk or goat cheese? It can be much easier for your LO to digest and you may find if/when you try diary again that it is easier on her system.
    http://askdrsears.com/html/3/t032400.asp is some info on it

We started our DD on it cause she was not interested in cow's milk and I wanted her to have an option for when I'm at work( can't pump anymore).
    Sorry mama, for some reason I never saw this post . Thanks for your thought... it's been a while since you posted, but yes we tried goat milk yogurt and she seems to have no problem with it. We've also tried cow milk yogurt twice (small amount) and so far no problem yet. However, I probably am not ready for her to drink any other milk but mommy's. Seems crazy but that's how I feel...

I fear she's weaning... It's low milk time, and MIL came to visit a week ago, and since her arrival, NOT likely a coincidence, she's been nursing much less, for much shorter time... And for some reason, probably the dip in demand, Domperidone doesn't seem to help this time . It's been getting worse over the past several days, and since she woke up this morning she got maybe a few sips on each side, and I feel like I'm making next to nothing. Am I nuts to feel this devastated when this is happening - quite suddenly - when DD is 21MO already? Nursing has been my life, and I'm not ready to see it slipping away from me with no warning like this...