Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I'm guessing this is normal

Default I'm guessing this is normal

Round about the 17 month mark of nursing, I'm guessing it's normal to get feelings of anxiety toward it. Oh, I'm not really going to wean. Frankly, I'm too lazy.

But I have been having feeling lately where I wish my boobs felt normal and where I wish I had my body back - if that makes sense.

I am sure PMS is coming soon, so that adds to it. My daughter is still nursing like a champ - although she's decreasing a bit. I guess it goes in waves.

But there are times when I really, really don't want to nurse - like I don't want to be touched and want NOT do it. The other night when she wanted to nurse for the billionth time, I told her the milk was all gone until the sun came up tomorrow. She whined and then rolled over and went to sleep. I don't really know if she understood that.

Anyway, I'm just rambling, but I'm feeling touched the heck out.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Default Re: I'm guessing this is normal

Yep normal. Also normal and ok to set boundaries with her for nursing.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Oh, goodness. I am starting to get there. My son is 16 months old. Night time is the worse for me. I have no desire to wean but there are definately times when he asks for the other side again and I can't handle it. (especially when it feels like a way to stall, can they do that as this age?) I am glad we can talk about this here because I am sure if I complained about this in the real world, they would just tell me to wean which would be no help.
    Married 9/17/2005
    Mother to Seamus born 3/9/2010 7lbs 9oz Still nursing with no end in sight!
    I love , , cloth diapers! with #2! Due 4/5/2012. for a Vbac!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*khall05 View Post
    Oh, goodness. I am starting to get there. My son is 16 months old. Night time is the worse for me. I have no desire to wean but there are definately times when he asks for the other side again and I can't handle it. (especially when it feels like a way to stall, can they do that as this age?) I am glad we can talk about this here because I am sure if I complained about this in the real world, they would just tell me to wean which would be no help.
    Sometimes I try to distract her by telling her she can watch Elmo.

Or I let her have some goldfish crackers or bribe her with taking her to see the dog and cat.

I know people would tell me the same thing. In fact, they all wonder why I didn't wean her ages ago. I've also been flirting with the idea of giving her some cow's milk. I have given her milk in foods and even on cereal, but not straight up in a glass as a drink. I was afraid to do it before. Honestly, I think I could give her a gallon of milk, and she wouldn't wean. lol

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*yoginimama View Post
    Honestly, I think I could give her a gallon of milk, and she wouldn't wean. lol
    They know better I guess!

I've been feeling the same way lately. I don't like the idea of weaning yet, but some days it just gets old! I get tired of not being able to do anything at home because all DD wants to do is nurse.. but some days it's okay because I like being lazy!
    Ayna ~ born 10/22/09
    Still and despite the controversy of society!

All totally normal. At this point, if you want to distract her with a sippy of cow's milk, go for it! IMHO, it's a good thing to start,if you want your LO to eventually drink cow's milk as a part of her diet. Introducing it now won't hurt and might help her develop a taste for it.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Totally normal. I am there too. Gavin's in daycare so he really only nurses 1-2 times a day but on weekends it's more. Still not a lot (maybe 4 times ish) but it gets annoying at times. I never got this far with Naomi so these feelings are new to me.
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

Uh huh. Been there. For months. But when Joe actually backed off nursing quite a bit, I got really sad. My husband, understandably, thinks I'm a little nuts (he's doing the special eyeroll reserved for times when he thinks I might be a little hormonal and "irrational" ). My IRL mom friends have all weaned now and I don't talk to them about BF'ing at all - they would understand neither my ambivalence about breastfeeding nor my sadness at seeing the slow weaning process. Thank goodness I have y'all for support.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.