Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ON STRIKE! No Milk No Naps! Just crawling!

Default ON STRIKE! No Milk No Naps! Just crawling!

James - 7.5 mos old is on strike. Not necessarily a nursing strike but a milk strike in general and a napping strike.

He will take a tiny bottle (2-3oz less than usual) in the morning and afternoon, but it takes over an hour to feed him. He seems interested and will nurse a bit with me at lunch - until I let down.. Refuses to nap. Wakes constantly through the night and cries... although he does nurse at night and well. 2-3 times, sometimes 4.

Generally seems happy except at night. Tylenol has no affect either positive or negative.

TONS more poops than usual. Slight fever. Hand chewing- can this all be about teeth?!

I have stopped solids as I want his belly to be hungry... for milk.

Not sure what's up??
    I am tempted to let him self regulate and do what he wants but I don't want him to wean or loose weight
    Carmen-Noel mum to James born naturally 8/28/2010.
    Mommy's little pumpkin head

We love our amber necklace from @llli*expat-mum. PM her for the most beautiful effective teething aide we've found!

Default Re: ON STRIKE! No Milk No Naps! Just crawling!

drool? it sounds an awful lot like teeth to me...does he chew on things, like teether rings, or paci?

Or, possible he has an ear infection, or other illness?
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

I think he's teething. Do you hear him gulp back the excess saliva? That's what my DS did and there was a lot more poop! He also stopped taking the bottle and I noticed he would nurse but for short periods. At night he nursed well. I also stopped the solids b/c I preferred he had milk. Hope it passes soon!
    DS was born June - 2010
    and with lots of help and support from my hubby
    Ready to pump wean!!

Just wanted to give an update- the strike got pretty bad yesterday - he only nursed at 10AM and 6PM barely nursed at midnight and then got a good one in at two - five - seven and ten , and resumed normal nursing through out the day- although a little farther out than usual. The poops indicate that he's def swallowing a lot of saliva, and we're just waiting for those new teeth.

Anyway just wanted to share bc it seemed very bleak yesterday- especially @ midnight- and I cried out of worry only to be a brand new day today!
    Carmen-Noel mum to James born naturally 8/28/2010.
    Mommy's little pumpkin head

We love our amber necklace from @llli*expat-mum. PM her for the most beautiful effective teething aide we've found!