Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing strike? Need advice...really don't want to quit.

Default Nursing strike? Need advice...really don't want to quit.

Please help! My 8 month-old has been refusing to nurse the last ten days. We have dealt with a nursing strike in the past, but she has never refused to nurse at night (we co-sleep and she nurses 2-3 times at night). Of note, she just got her top two teeth in, has her first cold, and we have been out-of-town visiting in-laws (who are not supportive of breastfeeding). I know in my heart, that she will get over this and we will likely return to nursing soon...I guess I need support to keeping pumping and trying...my family is not at all supportive of breastfeeding and keep telling me this is her way of weaning...I just don't buy it.

Sorry to ramble. Thanks for any support/advice...

Default Re: Nursing strike? Need advice...really don't want to quit.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html

Tell your family to jump off a bridge. Why do they care if you are still breastfeeding your 8 month old? What business is it of theirs? The next time they give you crap about it, start asking them really personal questions about their sex life or annual salary or bowel movements.

Okay, I'll step away from the now.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

You can do it! 8 months is still so young, I'm sure you can get her back to nursing

As for your family, I would take the subject off the table of discussion. If they bring it up, tell them you don't want to talk about the subject.at.all. and you would appreciate it if they would drop it. Also, this means you are not allowed to complain about the strike to them, is your DH supportive?
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

Thanks for the link.
    I know she is still too young and the thought of giving her formula makes me want to cry (damn hormones...).
    As far as my family, I have stopped talking to them about it as much as possible, but it is so tough as they are my usual support system. DH is great, but doesn't understand why I am so emotional...he feels I've given it a good run.
    Thanks for the support. It is just nice to hear from like-minded (sane) people.