Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: EBF swim diapers

Default EBF swim diapers

We're going to start "swim lessons" this weekend. DS is 3.5 months, and EBF - his poops are still quite runny. I ended up buying a reusable swim diaper, but know that both it as well as disposables are not meant to keep liquids in (just the more solid from getting out).

He hasn't 'moved' in the water since his first bath, so I'm hoping that it will be a non-issue. Any suggestions / thoughts, other than keeping my fingers crossed?

Default Re: EBF swim diapers

We used them with Lilah and never had any problems. She was about 6ish months old.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

We really like the Bummis Swimmi swim diapers for our seven month old twins and have used them since they were younger. Aside from coming in fun colors, we've found that they contain messes quite well if one does come out.
    Mom to amazing twins!
    DD nursed for 3y5m, DS still occasionally stops by for a snack

do you put a cloth diaper under the swimmi diaper? we normally use disposables, but also am looking for a swimming diaper solution for the warmer months.
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

We've always used the iPlay swim diapers for both of the kids. So far we haven't had a leak. The elastic around the legs and waist is a bit tight, so they contain leaks well. The only problem I have had is if they do have a BM in one, it is near to impossible to get the diaper off without getting poop all over their legs. I still greatly prefer this to being the family that causes the pool to close due to a leak.

I have had good luck with the one I bought for cheap at Target and the Speedo swim shorts we have.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*oakdryad5 View Post
    do you put a cloth diaper under the swimmi diaper? we normally use disposables, but also am looking for a swimming diaper solution for the warmer months.
    Nope! I know that it sounds a bit weird... We were baffled by it for awhile. They look a lot like our diaper covers and fit the same, so NOT putting anything in there seemed very odd and we read up again and again to make sure that we weren't crazy. Basically, there's nothing like a diaper that goes in it; it's just designed to contain the mess, not to absorb really. We've never had any trouble and the kids seem to enjoy them okay. Just watch out for messes when taking them off!
    Mom to amazing twins!
    DD nursed for 3y5m, DS still occasionally stops by for a snack

The thing with swim diapers is that they aren't intended to hold pee in, just poop. Gross, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nicola View Post
    Nope! I know that it sounds a bit weird... We were baffled by it for awhile. They look a lot like our diaper covers and fit the same, so NOT putting anything in there seemed very odd and we read up again and again to make sure that we weren't crazy. Basically, there's nothing like a diaper that goes in it; it's just designed to contain the mess, not to absorb really. We've never had any trouble and the kids seem to enjoy them okay. Just watch out for messes when taking them off!
    Thank you! I was wondering what I was going to do when pool time came around!
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog