Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone affected by Medela PISA recall?

Post Anyone affected by Medela PISA recall?

I know some of the Medelas were recalled awhile back, but I just now started having some issues. After about 5 minutes of pumping, it seems to lose suction. It's been doing this for a couple weeks now. I went on the Medela website to check out the recall and it says it only applies to models with a serial number. I looked at mine and there is no serial number! What.the.heck. I bought mine from Amazon.com but it was shipped/purchased from a third party. So I have no clue when it was manufactured, and apparently have no way of finding out with no serial number? I'm pretty sure I no longer have the box. Oops.

I will replace the membranes later today to see if that helps. Obviously I can also call Medela to ask about this. But just wondering if anyone else has had issues like this, with no serial number?

Oh yeah, I've owned the darn thing only since October and wasn't using it regularly until late December.
    Stephanie
    Proud mama to Aya born at home Oct. 2010
    and managing dietary sensitivities, OS/OALD and our lipase issues seem to have magically corrected themselves
    and at work full time
    and so always

Default Re: Anyone affected by Medela PISA recall?

The serial number should be on the AC Adaptor (that you plug into the wall).

Try to change the membranes. I was having the same problem - it wasn't sucking the way it used to. I just put in new membranes and it works perfectly now!

Actually, I believe the serial number is on the bottom right corner under the face plate. Here is the link to Medela.

And I models without numbers were not affected by the recall. But change out the membranes and see if that helps. If not give them a call. I've heard good things about their customer service.
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

I was EPing with a PISA with no serial number, but it made a clicking noise and started losing steam. . .I ended up getting a new one the next day! It was great. I'm using a Symphony now anyway but it's nice to have that as backup.

I wasn't sure. . .how would they know to stop printing serial numbers?

You know what I mean? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Either way, I have a brand spanking new PISA

Post Re: Anyone affected by Medela PISA recall?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jezebel View Post
    And I models without numbers were not affected by the recall. But change out the membranes and see if that helps. If not give them a call. I've heard good things about their customer service.
    Yep, I did look for the serial number as they suggested and there was nothing there. I replaced the membranes and I think it may have helped, but I will have to pump a few more times to tell for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*katia11 View Post
    I was EPing with a PISA with no serial number, but it made a clicking noise and started losing steam. . .I ended up getting a new one the next day! It was great. I'm using a Symphony now anyway but it's nice to have that as backup.
    Do you mean they replaced your PISA for you? Or you went out and bought a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*katia11 View Post
    I wasn't sure. . .how would they know to stop printing serial numbers?

You know what I mean? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Either way, I have a brand spanking new PISA
    Why would they make any at all without serial numbers? What is the purpose? (To get out of a possible recall?!?)
    Stephanie
    and managing dietary sensitivities, OS/OALD and our lipase issues seem to have magically corrected themselves
    and at work full time
    and so always

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ayas.mama View Post
    Do you mean they replaced your PISA for you? Or you went out and bought a new one?
    They replaced it. They have excellent customer service. If yours is less than a year old and you have the original receipt you should be able to get a enw one if you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jezebel View Post
    Actually, I believe the serial number is on the bottom right corner under the face plate.
    Oops, you're right! I was thinking of the article number.

I can't even get my face plate off to check my serial number. I'm afraid to force it! How much elbow grease do I need to use?

Post Re: Anyone affected by Medela PISA recall?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*MEK View Post
    I can't even get my face plate off to check my serial number. I'm afraid to force it! How much elbow grease do I need to use?
    A pretty good amount. Don't be shy. Also apparently you have to be quite strong with it to get back on, and get it back on properly (according to the woman on the phone)... need to hear a click on the top left corner, a click on the bottom left corner, and a click on the center of the right side near the faceplate handle.

I called them today while I was pumping because I only pumped 2 ounces (small amount for me, even in the afternoon) and swear it is losing suction. But, she seemed to think the pump itself was working fine. They are sending me a complimentary set of horns & whatever else they are called-s.
    Stephanie
    and at work full time
    and so always

I couldn't get mine off either. I just lifted it enough to peak under in. Was too afraid in wold snap it!
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

mine wasnt one recalled, but it seemed to be losing suction. I called their c.service and they are sending me a new one (overnight) i was so thankful that it wasnt my supply(got 2oz just find w/hand) Think its the motor. I never thought i would miss my pump but i do . If this new one only lasts 10weeks again i may need to find a better one since il be pumping 3-4x @ work. Any suggestions id perfer to own not rent??
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST