Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1003

Thread: Pumping Chit Chat....

Default Re: Pumping Chit Chat....

at 1000 posts. We are almost there.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    I took myself to the mall alone tonight, and as I was leaving, I went to hook up to pump while driving, and wouldn't you know it...as soon as I lifted my shirt, a car pulled in right next to me and right in front of me
    I go through toll booths while pumping. I DO have EZ Pass but there's usually someone in the box anyway. I always wonder if truck drivers can see on the thruway. You really can't see anything though boobie wise.

I've just been thinking how even though I'm doing half as much pumping, it is still crazy! There is NO WAY I could be doing this 8x a day like I used to. Although maybe I'm actually trying to DO my problem sets this semester

I've been feeling really crappy lately. I went to a concert last night and I knew Connor's dad was there, not that I saw him or anything.

I wish I could respond to everyone! Wish we could all hang out and have coffee and pump together

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*katia11 View Post
    I go through toll booths while pumping. I DO have EZ Pass but there's usually someone in the box anyway. I always wonder if truck drivers can see on the thruway. You really can't see anything though boobie wise.

I've just been thinking how even though I'm doing half as much pumping, it is still crazy! There is NO WAY I could be doing this 8x a day like I used to. Although maybe I'm actually trying to DO my problem sets this semester

I've been feeling really crappy lately. I went to a concert last night and I knew Connor's dad was there, not that I saw him or anything.

I wish I could respond to everyone! Wish we could all hang out and have coffee and pump together

btw i think ive become a little too comfortable taking my shirt of while driving

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*katia11 View Post
    I've just been thinking how even though I'm doing half as much pumping, it is still crazy! There is NO WAY I could be doing this 8x a day like I used to.
    I've been struggling to make enough lately -- I think Gav's about to start teething, and as a result he wants to eat all.the.time. He's drinking every last drop and then some, making me use the freezer stash every day for anywhere from 4-12 oz. Well, stupidly, I cut my sessions to about 4 a day about a month ago. And now, I can't keep up, and I know I need to add 1-2 sessions back in to catch up, and I'm like, just HOW did I do it before?! I hardly have time for pumping as it is!

So..I think some of the problem with EPer moms who say they run out of milk is that they drop a session and then can't add it back in. It's better to not drop sessions if you can help it, I guess.

I'm actually going to start scheduling sessions again and try to catch back up.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

So I've never had this experience before...I just finished pumping, unhooked while looking at something else, and looked down, and there was blood all over my hands! I couldn't figure out where it was coming from at first...and it was kind of a lot of blood. Then I realized the horn was covered in blood, and there was some blood in the connector (milk looks OK though). Then I looked at my nipple, and there was blood all over it. I can't figure out where it came from. There's no open wound or anything. And it hurts afterwards. It didn't hurt while I was pumping it.

Sadly, if I turn the pump down, I get nothing -- not a drop -- from my left, unless I do huge compressions starting the second I turn the pump on, so I'm not sure what to do. I kind of need the suction to get any milk, but I think the suction must, finally, be too much for my right (which is my bad side anyway.). Boo. Thinking about using one pump on one side and a second pump on the other so I can use different suctions.

I know it's safe to feed. Just disconcerting.
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    So I've never had this experience before...I just finished pumping, unhooked while looking at something else, and looked down, and there was blood all over my hands! I couldn't figure out where it was coming from at first...and it was kind of a lot of blood. Then I realized the horn was covered in blood, and there was some blood in the connector (milk looks OK though). Then I looked at my nipple, and there was blood all over it. I can't figure out where it came from. There's no open wound or anything. And it hurts afterwards. It didn't hurt while I was pumping it.

Sadly, if I turn the pump down, I get nothing -- not a drop -- from my left, unless I do huge compressions starting the second I turn the pump on, so I'm not sure what to do. I kind of need the suction to get any milk, but I think the suction must, finally, be too much for my right (which is my bad side anyway.). Boo. Thinking about using one pump on one side and a second pump on the other so I can use different suctions.

I know it's safe to feed. Just disconcerting.
    You might have broken a capillary inside the breast? I've done it a bunch of times and I hear that its common for EPing moms . It isn't because of the magnitude of the suction, just from turning it up too fast. I just kept pumping it until it stopped. He got some pink milk. Eh. Now I try not to turn it up ALLL the way right away.

Idk about the left though. Maybe a different horn size? That seems too obvious.

I inch it up slowly because otherwise, I get super sore, but it makes me wonder if the pressure difference is so great that that's why the capillary ruptured. It still hurts this morning, but luckily not enough to make me not pump on it today.

I'm at the largest size of horn already other than those stupid PumpinPals that don't work for me. I've heard of moms getting too used to the pump, and while that doesn't make a lot of sense -- like how can you get used to a pump, as you don't get used to a baby? --but maybe since the pump can't be varied like you can vary a baby's latch, that's the problem.

I lost my Freestyle's electric cord. Fortunately, I found I could order another on Amazon. But I'm in a little panic. Colton is sick. He might end up in the hospital; I'm waiting on a call back from our doc. My Freestyle isn't fully charged. I'll be pumping on the run today...I hope there's enough juice.
    Susan

Major score today...I found at Target a set of 36 mm adapters for the Lansinoh/Ameda pumps. I'm pretty sure it was a mistake, as I've never seen them there, and they were marked at $1.06. No, that is not a typo. Even the sales clerk commented on what a good deal that was. So I bought them. And I am using them now, and it's like I have a new pump! I'd stopped using this one because it just hurt to use it, and I think these horns fit me better than the Medela ones. I just pumped 4 oz off my left and 2 off my right without compressions! And that's a big deal for me
    Susan

Happy Monday to everyone! I've been taking Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle, and now it appears to have backfired on me. I feel at least one clogged duct on my right side (the big producer). If I were at home I'd be confident that I can unblock it, but since I'm at work, I'm not so sure. Can't really sit at my desk massaging my boobs all day (I don't have a door, just out in the middle of the office). I really don't want this to go full blown mastitis.
    Jessie

DH Mike 3/15/03

Riley Patrik 10/30/06

Gavyn Oliver 12/1/10

try to really work it out while you pump and hopefully that will help.

theres a new pumping chit chat since this one is almost full...