Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumping Chit Chat....

Default Re: Pumping Chit Chat....

I always wonder what people think if they see me fiddling with the horns in the car. I had to hook up after grocery shopping with the four kids in the parking lot and it just wouldn't hook up right on the left side, and I ended up pretty much pulling my whole shirt up to see what the problem was. It's a really busy grocery store parking lot

I did get this little cape thingy that buttons up the front from Babysteals last week. Wish I could find the link for it to show you guys. It's really cute and it totally covers the horns up. If they offer it again, I'm going to get another one.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

intersection of Mommy Guilt and True Bliss

Mr Pump and I just recently got a divorce. I thought I was going to miss him, because he was such a major factor of my life, but I honestly don't. I still have a freezer full of milk that I'm trying to use up . . .
    Lori
    Mom to daughter (8/17/07) and mom to fraternal twin sons (1/5/10)

*Mom with chronic health issues, NICU babies, reflux sufferers, multiple food allergies (mom and kids)
    *DD birthweight 5lb, 14oz, now 26lb, 4oz
    *DS1 birthweight 4lb, 6oz, now 19lb
    *DS2 birthweight 4lb, 2oz, now 18lb, 12oz

**An EXCELLENT speller, unless I have either a child on my lap or I'm using my cell phone!**

EP MOM FOR 14.5 MONTHS - NOW USING UP MY FROZEN BM SUPPLY!

This anxiety when I have a letdown between pumpings is getting old. I don't need to spend half the day wigging out because I'm not pumping or holding/nursing my baby!
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lawyer.mama View Post
    I wish I could just stay hooked up to the pump all day at work and just turn it on when I needed to pump. I don't mind the pumping so much, it's the getting ready and the finishing up! I always look forward to the weekends, though, when LO can just snack all day and I don't have to worry about it.
    Yeah me too! Plus I don't have like a private space (family business), and everybody is around (and I hate bathrooms!). My sister is all , what's going on in there!?

That Medela Mini Electric sure is noisy! Everytime the phone rings everybody says "Yai shhh that thing!"
    Yai

Mamá de Aini 19-09-10 (or, for my English speaking folks: 09-19-10)

Pregúntame sobre pañales de tela Ask me about cloth diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zplum View Post
    So here's the chit chat thread for pumping.
    My chit chat....
    I gotta say, I hate pumping. I had a break from it for 8 months and just got the horns out this morning to start back up for Lola. Once again I am reminded that all you pumping mamas are queens. QUEENS!
    Hey Colleen - did you guys try the bottle?
    Tracie

Mommy to

Why is it whenever I pump in the car, some man parks right next to me? Yesterday, I parked in the total boondocks at Walmart, knowing I would need to pump when I was done shopping. I was the only car for about 10 spaces. Sure enough, I'm pumping away and feeding G as he sat in his carseat (I was sitting on Colton's seat and some dude parks right next to me.

Seriously, that's like the fifth time that's happened!
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I am such a klutz

Went to zip myself into my Simple Wishes this morning to pump. Looked away to check on the babies, and zipped my nipple OUCH That hurt more than ever being bitten!
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    zipped my nipple OUCH
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

OUCH Susan!

Do you like that bustier? I got the Medela one but I'm taking it back. The large was too big and the medium was way to small.
    Tracie

Mommy to

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    Went to zip myself into my Simple Wishes this morning to pump. Looked away to check on the babies, and zipped my nipple OUCH That hurt more than ever being bitten!

Once again I am amazed with all of you EPing mamas. Today was the first day I needed to pump in the am without DH here. It took me 2 hours to find 15 minutes to pump without the toddler unplugging the pump and the baby needing to nurse again.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together