Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 101 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumping Chit Chat....

Default Pumping Chit Chat....

So here's the chit chat thread for pumping.
    My chit chat....
    I gotta say, I hate pumping. I had a break from it for 8 months and just got the horns out this morning to start back up for Lola. Once again I am reminded that all you pumping mamas are queens. QUEENS!
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Default Re: Pumping Chit Chat....

Great Idea Colleen!!
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

It made me sick when I pumped the first time after Beatrix was born. It was so nice to just nurse and not worry about it.
    Tracie

Mommy to

My life revolves around it. And it's really hard to remember to pump some days.

I did buy some of those bitty little Dr Brown bottle brushes, and they make cleaning the little holes in the Personal Fit connectors so much faster.

How do you know when you need new membranes?
    Last edited by @llli*aprilsmagic; April 12th, 2011 at 10:05 AM.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I wish I could just stay hooked up to the pump all day at work and just turn it on when I needed to pump. I don't mind the pumping so much, it's the getting ready and the finishing up! I always look forward to the weekends, though, when LO can just snack all day and I don't have to worry about it.

I pro actively swapped them but also if they get discolored or loose looking
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

OK, thanks
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I've always wondered that too Susan.
    Tracie

Mommy to

I just randomly wondered one day I have two sets, so I switch them out AM/PM and let each set dry.

I have to go pump now Somehow all kinds of stuff happens when I'm tied to the pump.
    Susan

I always check the membranes when I wash them... I have noticed they will get little micro-tears around the edge of them, causing it to lose suction, so I will change it out. Also, the little "tab" that sticks out of the back of the membrane will start to detach after a while and cause it to lose suction. So I always check to make sure the little tab is still firmly attached, or if it's starting to rip off then I change it out.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.