Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: A little levity

Default A little levity

My dog ate my pump-- my manual pump. Sigh. Now I have to lug my electric one home for a few nights until I can get to the store. Let this be a lesson to you to practice your hand expression! The day your dog eats your pump and you leave the electric one at work will be the day your LO picks to sleep through the night.

PS- fortunately I got it away from him before it was down the hatch, unlike the valve he got a few weeks ago that took 4 days to make its reappearance in a pile of vomit while we worried like crazy. He's a wiley one.

Default Re: A little levity

but also
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

and from a vet... you're lucky he barfed it up and didn't need surgery
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I know how lucky I am-- I was on the phone with DH crying that I was going to have to take him to the emergency clinic and I was a bad dog mom and that he was a good dog and we didn't pay enough attention to him after the baby, etc. etc. He was being extra wiley. We have to step up our counter-measures for sure.

Keep it in the fridge where the dog (hopefully) can't get it.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I'm so ready to be done pumping! But at least 6 more months to go.

I was in a conference call the other day and pumping in my office. Had my phone on mute. Someone on the call says "Wow there's a lot of noise in the background. Is someone getting their building power washed?" This other guy in my building (who's office is next to mine) says "That's from over here. I'll take my phone off speaker phone". I'm thinking, dang, I can't believe the pump is so loud that they can hear it through the wall and on his line. I was totally embarressed, thinking it was way louder than I though and that everyone can hear it. Turns out they really were pressure washing the building!

Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Susan