Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ESSENTIAL for manual expression :D

Talking ESSENTIAL for manual expression :D

I just got Medela's Hand Expression Funnel in the mail today that I ordered online and let me say I am SSSSSSSOOOOO glad that I ordered it!!!!!!!!!! I cannot even tell you ladies how much milk was spraying all over my trousers and the floor due to, even though I got my nipple as close to the bottle as I could, just the sheer directions of the spray going all over the place. but this thing is killer! I got maybe a drop or two on myself but that was because it was on my hands and not because it was getting out of the funnel. Anyway I just had to share how incredibly awesome it was NOT to have to be bent over in some awkward pose and getting huge sticky stains on my PJ's for a change-I HIGHLY recommend if you're like me and manually express on a regular basis Just thought I should share my awesome discovery!
    Proud wife to Paul , dedicated SAHM to our O.O. born 00:00:00 on 08 Nov 2010,

Look for us in the upcoming September 2011 issue of LLLGB's magazine, "BREASTFEEDING MATTERS" as well as LLL's upcoming booklet on relactation!
    & A proud daughter to a LLLL may she RIP.
    Relactated from scratch after a complicated birth(BAD hospital)...
    Now relatched and & ing after 5 months of 100% EBM feeding
    Planning permanent lactation.
    A millionaires baby fed with commercial baby milk has a poorer diet than the poorest family's baby who is breastfed.-WHO, 1997
    My story-for those looking to relactate, relatch, or boost their milk supply

Default Re: ESSENTIAL for manual expression :D

Thank you. I just tried hand expression for the first time today and it was great. I was just upset that I lost some due to spraying and dripping. I appreciate the advice.

Default Re: ESSENTIAL for manual expression :D

No prob I love hand expressing but it used to make me so upset feeling like I had lost milk even on the rare occasion that it was only a spray or two (and more often it was a LOT...) once I got the funnel I was astounded at how much milk I was saving, I hadn't even realised because it didn't look like THAT much when it was spraying/dripping but it all added up so that I was collecting an extra 1/2 to 1 oz since I got it!
    Proud wife to Paul , dedicated SAHM to our O.O. born 00:00:00 on 08 Nov 2010,

Look for us in the upcoming September 2011 issue of LLLGB's magazine, "BREASTFEEDING MATTERS" as well as LLL's upcoming booklet on relactation!
    & A proud daughter to a LLLL may she RIP.
    Relactated from scratch after a complicated birth(BAD hospital)...
    Now relatched and & ing after 5 months of 100% EBM feeding
    Planning permanent lactation.
    A millionaires baby fed with commercial baby milk has a poorer diet than the poorest family's baby who is breastfed.-WHO, 1997
    My story-for those looking to relactate, relatch, or boost their milk supply