Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Burning myself out w/ pumping

Default Re: Burning myself out w/ pumping

My insurance will not cover. I had 2 LCs, the cleft team and his ped all write letters of medical necessity. Didn't fly at all
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    My insurance will not cover. I had 2 LCs, the cleft team and his ped all write letters of medical necessity. Didn't fly at all
    Same here when I was pumping for my boy...so sad they SHOUD cover...ESPECIALY when there is a medical condition such as our kids have! But I do hear now there are tax breaks for pumping moms. Maybe look into writing the renal off on your taxes
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mek View Post
    I called the hospital where I delivered and they rent them for $35/2 weeks or $60/month.
    Well, the hospital grade pump seems to be a bust. I'm not getting as much milk as I was with my Medela PISA. The suck is too strong and it makes me cringe at the lowest setting. I think it's just mental, and I can't relax myself when using it.

I also have a problem with it because the flanges and stuff are a cloudy plastic, instead of clear. I really need to see when the milk is spraying, so that I know how long to compress in that area. I feel totally blind when I'm using the hospital pump.

Oh well. At least I tried it.

I had to turn it all the way down at first.

My horns aren't cloudy

Which one did you try?

ETA also make sure you have the right sized horns. It really hurt me until I gotthose. I'm still sore, but nothing like it was. And it did take me some days to learn how to get more milk with it. I'd suggest to try with it for a few days and see if you can improve your response to it.
    Last edited by @llli*aprilsmagic; April 15th, 2011 at 09:58 PM.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I definitely had it turned all the way down. I can't even imagine increasing it! Ouch!

It's the Almeda egnell lact-e. The horns are almost the same size as my Medela pump - 25 mm vs 24 mm. I was thinking that was too small of a difference to matter?

I bet those are too small. Most women need the 27 or 30. I actually ended up finding that the 36, even though they are too big, are the most comfortable.

I haven't tried that pump. I got a Symphony.
    Susan