Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Thanks!!!

Smile Thanks!!!

Thank you so much for all the help you have given me. I have never actually posted a question on these forums, but have stalked them almost daily since my DS was born in June of 2010. We have had so many problems with breastfeeding, but have stuck with it and am so thankful for all of you and your great advise.
    After DS was born, he was so sleepy and never woke to nurse. I woke him every two hours and worked so hard to keep him awake to feed. He barely gained weight and I don't think my milk came in completely. After six weeks, he was gaining better and was waking to nurse.
    At that time we got thrush after a round of antibiotics. We tried everything to treat the thrush: washing everything in GSE, many gentian violet treatments, fluconazole,and nystatin. It felt never ending. I cut all sugar and most carbs out of my diet in the hopes that the thrush would clear up.
    When DS was four months and still struggling to gain weight, we drove six hours to see an amazing Lactation Consultant. She tested my for yeast (the test results showed that the thrust was gone!) and after observing our breastfeeding, she diagnosed my with vasospasms. I was on the medicine for vasospasms for two weeks and after that, the pain was gone! The LC also put me on domperidone to help my milk supply. Wow, after three months of fighting yeast (or what I thought was yeast), we were finally able to relax.
    DS is still a slow gainer, but that might just be the way he gains weight. He is almost ten months old and weighs 19 pounds. He is such a happy baby and we love him so much!
    I feel like we avoided many pitfalls in our breastfeeding relationship because of the threads I read on llli.com; because of your advise, I nursed DS around the clock and allowed him to suckle as much as he needed.You gave us permission to just hang out all day, nursing and sleeping. Now when I think about those first months, my heart is filled with happy memories.I know that helped boost my supply and gave him extra milk. I'm so proud that we persevered and didn't give up. Thanks for all your help!

Default Re: Thanks!!!

That's awesome mama! Keep up the good work!
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

I too would like to thank everyone on this forum! I was comPletely in the dark and alone for the most part! My husband was only able to help the first week she was home then he was back to work, and it was just me and my babygirl who was born 5 months ago! Very scary! Lol my first baby and Nobody to offer help or advice! Until!! I found this! I was so incredibly close to throwing the towel in so many times but from the support I received on here I kept it up and now we are proudly and happily breast feeding!!! Xoxoxoxoxo I love y'all!!!!

Congrats to both of you for sticking it out through the tough times!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post

Congrats to both of you for sticking it out through the tough times!
    WTG both of you!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language