So I'm wondering how many of us are sticking to the old practice of delaying the introduction of possibly allergenic foods? I just called a dietitian employed by the bc health line who told me it is safe to introduce shellfish to my 8 1/2m old. The new line of thought is that if the kid is allergic they are still going to be allergic at 2y. Fish that are low in mercury are very healthy and recommended by the canadian food guide for healthy eating.
That being said I'm still terrified to give my LO shellfish or anything with nuts.
Anyone out there following the new recommendations?