Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: hows this work?

Default hows this work?

So my Lo has had to have f-supps (we are using the Kellymom link on weaning, but its a slow prosess) so I had ben pumping to increse supply (among everything else) Well now that he is getting better at the breast and the number of times he BF have increased to about 7-8x in 24hrs Im wondering how many times should I be pumping in 24hrs? I was pumping everyother hour, then decreased to 8-10x in 24hrs, then down to 6x B/C his times at the breast were increasing. He gets about 8-10 bottles in 24hrs (3-4oz) half are EBM the other half formula BUT now Im finding it hard to get in 3 pumpings a day! Am I totally guna mess up my supply? Im only able to pump 1-3oz per session, I was gettin 2.5-4oz. Im pumping AFTER he BF, but after the bottle DS ALWAYS wants to BF (sometimes comfort but other times he eats again!) I go back to work in 3weeks so I will be pumping 3x in the 10hrs Im away. And I want to be able to give LO ONLY Bmilk eventually. ANY & ALL advise welcome This is the first baby Ive pumped with
    Last edited by @llli*raidensmamma; April 8th, 2011 at 11:06 AM.
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST

Default Re: hows this work?

http://www.nancymohrbacher.com/blog/...on-part-1.html

This is an awesome blog by a LLL recognized speaker. Check it out.
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

Default Re: hows this work?

Thank you so much! That was a huge help I now feel like Im on the right track
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST