Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 15 Month Old Still Hardly Eats

Default 15 Month Old Still Hardly Eats

My son is 15 months old and still hardly eats and nurses a TON. I plan to BF until he's 2ish, but I gotta be honest, I had hopes that he might start to cut back a little by now. About all he likes consistently is beans and crackers. He wont eat any fruits or veggies...Lord knows I've tried. I don't think there's much I can do about it, but knowing I'm not in this boat alone might be nice. Anyone have a similar situation?
    Aedan's mommy since 12/09
    Let me get up on my I'm a , ,,, , milk donating, attachment parenting mama! And we wouldn't have it any other way!

Default Re: 15 Month Old Still Hardly Eats

I just read about this in New Beginnings. Your LO is probably just doing the smart thing. Solid foods need to be digested more. By nursing your LO gets all the calories without all the waste slowing him down.

Have you tried breaking up meals into snacks?
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

Yeah, I try to keep snacks flowing. Sometimes he digs in and sometimes he doesn't. It just gets frustrating because I make all kinds of health and yummy treats and he wont eat them I know I can't shove food down his throat, but sheesh I would be thrilled if he just ate a little more and nursed a little less. I know when he's grown and gone I'll miss these days though, that's what keeps me from driving myself off a cliff!
    Aedan's mommy since 12/09
    Let me get up on my I'm a , ,,, , milk donating, attachment parenting mama! And we wouldn't have it any other way!

oh yeah my last baby didnot eat much untill she was turning too...
    hows his iron levels?

Just keep doing what your doing and it's way ok at 15 months to serve a snack instead of nursing.

Fruits and veggies will come, the more you offer the more likely they are to eat them,